Friday 8/5 Edition

OK the first Friday of August is here. What are the weekend plans?

I am going to try and get shop time when I can, early mornings. Sat evening, I have to attend the wife's 25 HS reunion.

ride an elephant? :eek::rofl:

Don't think there is much going on this weekend.

I finished up making all the components to my grandsons bed. All that is left is to sand and finish.(the part I hate the most) Hopefully will get started on that today.
Maybe a cook out on Sunday:dunno:

Final touch to vanity then delivery on Sat, bbq and swim Sunday.
Oh and help youngest with his car. This will be his induction to getting grease and on his hands his mother has been keeping protected as if he was some famous piano player. lol they gonna get dirty even if i have to pour oil on them "accidently"

sent from my Atrix

Have some shop cleaning to do, but my wife has friends coming over tomorrow, so will probably need to do some weeding around the pool area.

Need to get the mower ready to go again, with the little rain we've had, it's making the grass pop-up again.

Also, getting the truck ready for a drive up to the Great Lakes Naval Training Center next week. We'll be attending our son's graduation from boot camp.

the wife just took off for Texas for a few days so Ill have to fend for myself as far as food and entertainment this weekend.
Probably wait for the contractor to leave and go to sleep till monday.

My son is coming in for his off time this weekend.. we'll do a cookout on Sunday for him and another couple... may get in some shop time if the temp doesn't get to hot... right now I need to get off the computer and go mow the lawn... it's about a foot high on the bank behind the house... the rest of the yard is at least ankle high. It's been too hot to work outside, and now it's rained night before last, so the grass has taken a growth spurt.

Taking the afternoon off and work on some trim:thumb: Tomorrow a going away party for a nephew who is moving to the fine state of Washington and a birthday party for my dad who turns 81 tomorrow also:thumb: Sunday don't know yet:huh: maybe clean my messy shop:rolleyes:

Woodturning Club meeting on Sat morning.
Have dinner with a friend from 30 yrs ago (recently hooked up on Facebook) Sat night.

Sunday afternoon going to pick up a dead head cypress from a buddy who pulled it out of the river.

In between, will be clearing debris and smoothing fields that were cleared of trees with bulldozer.

Vanity update

So yesterday after getting through with the stripping of the youngest sons new old car,:D:rofl::rofl:, i finished off the work the ambassador spotted was not complete on the vanity and 9:30pm last night made a call and wife and i delivered the Vanity to its new owner.

Dont have the words to describe the faces and the joy. Sure was a delight to hand it over. I think there is a time to cut and hand off because the longer one looks at something like this the more you wanna fix then you stand the chance of wrecking something that was already good.

Wife had seperation anxiety leaving it behind but i was happy to see it move on to a new home with a very happy little customer. Size was perfect and moment she saw the necklace hooks she knew what they were for. Whats also amazing is how kids love a lockable item. It was like independence day arrived. Her biggest issue was now to consider where to hide the key.:) The hugs were fantastic. Wish i had a daughter sure would balance having two brutes. ;)

Now i can get on to some other projects but first some housework to catch up on. Remember them stairs Larry. The drywall is coming down.;):D