2021 cutting boards

WOW! Take boards make narrow strips, glue together to make a board. Flatten, cut apart to glue together again. Quite the process and quite the beautiful end product. Obviously more steps than a regular cutting board, price double that of a long grain board?

dunno, haven't made any long grain boards yet. i guess i like the end grain better. but, i will be making a long grain board for my nephew in nebraska, soon to be posted.
kenny, i bought the lumber from forest 2 home in new york.

got them back today, nice and smooth. used the sled (useful thing it is) to clean up the ends on the table saw. all that is left now, is to round over the edges, a quick rub with 220, and lots of mineral oil...
IMG_20210717_151026891.jpg

do you know the funny looks i would get, cleaning out store's supplies of mineral oil? (i know, bad joke... lol) (honest, mr pharmacist i'm really backed up, and need a case of mineral oil...)

do you know the funny looks i would get, cleaning out store's supplies of mineral oil? (i know, bad joke... lol) (honest, mr pharmacist i'm really backed up, and need a case of mineral oil...)
Been there, done that, and got the 32 ounce sports bottle to go with. :D