A little family history

I was gifted a shadow box with some photos of my wife's great great Grandfather, his shop, and a few of the tools. There was an old screwdriver and what looked to be a letter opener, but had a piece of what looked to be a slice of geode on the end of it. The piece is stuck on like it was intentional, but was clearly on it when it was put in the shadow box. I'll get a picture of it later.

In looking at the photos, there were a couple that showed different walls of the shop. One shows his tool bench, which looks much like the hardware cabinet I have.
IMG_0509.jpeg

The opposite side with the hardware cabinet I have in my shop. Of the rifles on the wall in his collection, there looks to be several rolling blocks, but the 7th one from the left looks to have a revolver cylinder on it. One of the rifles was reported to be shot by Jessie James, when he was in the army.
IMG_0508.jpegScreenshot 2024-02-05 at 9.29.35 AM.png

One of him taken in the late 30's in his shop.
IMG_0510.jpeg

Last edited:
Cute little pup in that last picture, and Appears he has a nice large door to the out side.

Seems like he shares a love of firearms with you as well.

He looks quite prosperous for the times. I like what appears to be a collection of pipes on the wall of the first photo. Looks like he bagged an elk and maybe that's a buffalo hide on the ceiling? Great photos!

He appears quite prosperous for the times. I like what appears to be a collection of pipes on the wall of the first photo. Looks like he bagged an elk and mabe that's a buffalo hide on the ceiling? Great photos!
He did well, but not as well as in the saloon business. He did collect indian pipes among other things. The splotch on the ceiling is from some green goo that was holding the picture in the shadow box. Luckily it wasn't in the middle of the picture.