Albert Edward

Mike Stafford

It was reported that an 11 foot long, 750 pound alligator that was 34 years old named Albert Edward was seized by authorities in New York. It seems that the owner failed to renew his license to own an alligator which expired in 2021. The alligator lived in a pool house that was attached to the owner's home.

The owner said people would take pictures with Albert but did not usually swim in the pool unless he was asleep. Albert was also blind. The owner said Albert was frightened when the men from N.Y. Department of Environmental Conservation seized the aging reptile.

Let me just say this about that.... Troy Landry aka the King of the Swamp would know what to do with an 11 foot alligator.

I was wondering... What did the guy feed Albert? How much food does an 11 foot alligator require?
My first wife took over the care of a rock python when her brother entered the Navy. When he joined, they were feeding the snake mice. By the time he returned, they were feeding the snake rabbits. (They eventually donated the snake to a zoo.) So I think a neighborhood kid would be about the right portion size for a 750 pound gator. 🤣