Bandsaw Blade Supplier Suggestions?

Rob, I'm sold on the Ellis blades. :thumb: I bought a whole batch of them for cutting up a bunch of Desert Ironwood, figuring I'd go through several on just that log alone. I was wrong. I did all my cutting with one blade, and it was still doing fine for a while afterward until I did something stupid and put a kink in the blade. I've since gone through a couple more in the course of my other cutting, but they are every bit as good or better than the Timberwolf blades I've used before. Ellsis does allow you to mix and match in making up your $50 minimum order. I picked up a 1/4" x 10 TPI when I bought the others.

I still have all three of the Supercut blades in the cabinet, so I don't have any feedback on them yet.

hey rob order some 100" blades for my general while your at it 1/4" :) had a 1" timber wolf on my 18" saw and it lasted for 3 bowl blanks for you turners. partly becasue of operator error but the ellis blades are still going. strong and they have cut a few turmer blanks as well some fair amount of resawing.. they are good blades and the price is great to :thumb::thumb:

Thanks Vaughn and Larry. I think i will check out Ellis. R&D looks like an Olson distributor so given your experience Vaughn I think i will pass on them until i have run out of steam on the Ellis. Besides Ellis is made in USA. My kind of company read this.

Ellis Mfg. Company, Inc. is a family owned small business located in the city of Verona in south central Wisconsin, just five miles from Madison, the state capital. The year 2000 marks 50 years of manufacturing in Verona for Ellis. In 1950, however, the product line for Ellis was quite different. The company was then called D.R. Ellis Manufacturing and they produced transplanters, a farm implement used for transplanting plants such as tobacco, cabbage, peppers, strawberries and nursery stock. Ellis Transplanters are still in use throughout the country but manufacturing of this product was discontinued in the early 1980’s. Parts for these machines are still available.
The present line of equipment was first manufactured in the early 1970’s with the introduction of the Ellis Mitering Band Saw and was sold by Ellis Machine Tool Co. In 1982, D.R. Ellis and Ellis Machine combined to form Ellis Mfg. Company, Inc. Today, the company manufactures eight models of mitering band saws, plus a belt grinder, numerous drill press models and welds band saw blades for hundreds of different band saw machines.
Today, after various expansions to the original buildings, Ellis Mfg. Company sits on nearly 3 acres along the Military Ridge Bike Trail in Verona, Wl, known as Hometown U.S.A. Customers are located in all 50 states, Canada, Europe and Asia.

We all need to think about supporting this type of organization or we will all soon be working at Walmart as a greeter that is if they will have any of us.:rofl::rofl:

Off the subject but got the shock of my life again at Home depot the other day. Bought some angle aluminum and would you believe its made in China. Man whats next.:huh:

Look in the phone book (L. A. and/or Glendale) for Glendale Saw Works. This is a one-man shop, located near Eagle Tools on Truesdale, off San Fernando Rd. This man is a real character, provides good custom blades at a very fair price, 24 hour notice. I have a Sears bandsaw, his prices wer less than half of Sears, he has wider selection of blade types as well.