BITTER END!!!!!

Anybody else in favor of that lopping off the hand thing they do to thieves in some countries?

Definitely. Especially the ones who cleaned out my house several years ago in California. The police who answered my 911 call said that by the time I found the break-in and called them, my stuff was probably in Mexico!

Nancy (79 days)

Maybe they can keep them or better yet, make them work for you to pay off their debt to you. I bet you would be a fair boss even with them.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Shaz, I know Larry like my own brother, in fact he keeps asking my dad if he'll adopt him....I can tell you with no doubt, he would not have the scoundrels on his place again even if it were free labor.....as far as fair? After Larry lambasted them with the left over barrel on their twisted noodles a few times he'd probably say there ain't nothing fair about it.

If I were the crook and knew Larry the way I know Larry, I'd rather go to a biker bar and tell them they were all a bunch of sissies and take a beating than be around Larry for the next hundred years.

Larry,

That really stinks about those punks cutting the barrel. I've got an old hage waffen (sp?) side by side.

It's not a damascus, and not as old as yours I'm sure, but I know my dad had it, not sure where he got it from, but it's probably my favorite old shotgun.

I've used it for pheasants and even though it's not a great fit, I seem to do ok with it. I like that it's the side by side instead of them thar new fangled overly unders....

I'd be pretty broke up if it went missing.

I'm just getting into archery and from what I can tell, it is definitely a more intimate sport. I mean, with shotguns, I can probably pick up any number of shotguns and hit what I point at, but a bow, well, that's a really personal thing that I can tell takes a lot of time and tuning in order to get it right...

yup yur right brent

its an extension of your inner self, in my opinion.. its all i have used for 30 yrs, so have got a close relationship withit the shotgun was my great grandfathers and had some good memmiores with it in the lsat cople yrs ,,a wedding and some fun with steve ash ... couldnt make it to the gov. garge sale yesterday so will got today..the officer told me he was going shopping again yesterday afternoon so i might have more to choose from:thumb: and mr steve A i got the approx location of there living quarters,, so who knows maybe one of those misguided missels from wisconsin or elswhere might drop in for visit..

and mr steve A i got the approx location of there living quarters,

All I can hope for is the officer didn't mistakenly give you mine....:eek:

I got a recipe for something to put in those missles....it involves rotten eggs, rotten tomatoes and swine dung.....it makes for a sweet :rolleyes: smellin and fitting environment for those animals

news update

well like i had said earlierthey got the bad guys well they still are taking from me:( but i think ole betsy is gettin her licks in as well as us victims. got told to be in court wed am not supena just phone call stating i had to be there:( well i am on vacation this week to get some last minute hunting in with my nephew who had just monday threw wed off.. long story short i had to go and he wnt huntiin without me in the am i was in court for 6hrs testifying and then listening to the others who got victiumised and then to the bad guy squealin on his partner.. and oh yeah the guns they took from me were the key to his demise see he was on parole and wasnt supposed to have any illegal weapon and he had a sawed of shotgun in his poseesion.. so after it was all dune this was just aprelimanryt trial to see if they had enought to hold them the judge dismissed a couple of claims on hoim but added another 10 yr felon to the list that the police hadnt had mentioned.. so they are lookin at 3seperate felons as of right now so they should be going away for few yrs. and yes i know exactly what they look like and had seen one of them at the nearby gas staion previosly i think he had his head shaved to avoid detection wed.. one smart mouth creation that needs some major readjustment. the one that is rattin on him is the one that dune the cuttin of betsy and his reason for doing so was just felt like it no reason just did. wheni got intergated byt he defense attorrney he asked about betsy and when i told him that it was given to me by father and that it was his grandfathers gun i was starrin rt at the no good and i think i might have seen alitte shame in the way he looked down after i made that statement later on he turned around alooked right at me and the other victum and mouthed the words (i didnt do it) right after the other guy stated he was the one who cut it.. nope he still aint on my good list but i do think he has some good in him somewhere..

Well, it sounds like the wheels of justice have started rolling. Slowly, but at least they're moving. I'm guessing it was pretty hard sitting there looking at them and not wanting to pound both of them into bloody, snivling twerps.

Still no word on the bow though?

I'd make sure that I was at the trial, if possible, and especially at the sentencing. The judge usually has a range of years to put them away and testimony from the victims may help get them the maximum. No sense having them out in public again, at least while they're still ambulatory.

Karl

yeah it was tough karl, i came from the testimony part and went back to the room we were put in and was steaming, never ben threw it before and to have that durn defense guy give me the third degree sucked i would be in contempt real eaasy if i had been given many more time with him any way the cop said i could stay and watch the rest and see the other dudu so i did and that was where i got the rest of the story.... this bank lady does this all the time but its not her stuff just the banks money.. they said to me tyhat they were still working on the bow so we will see what happends the season is done for me tonight so next year will be another yr.. :rolleyes:

Good Luck Larry, you know I wish you well!:D I am really glad you didn't get the chance to hurt one of them.:)
Your friend,
Shaz :)
yeah it was tough karl, i came from the testimony part and went back to the room we were put in and was steaming, never ben threw it before and to have that durn defense guy give me the third degree sucked i would be in contempt real eaasy if i had been given many more time with him any way the cop said i could stay and watch the rest and see the other dudu so i did and that was where i got the rest of the story.... this bank lady does this all the time but its not her stuff just the banks money.. they said to me tyhat they were still working on the bow so we will see what happends the season is done for me tonight so next year will be another yr.. :rolleyes:

Larry:

Is there anyway that the local PD might help / put in a good word with paperwork to get Betsy officially classified as a handgun and put a stockless grip on her?

Ya might need to start calling her Betsina, but she'd be up and going again. Besides, then you could go to the trap range with a big holster on your hip!

These people should be jailed until they've worked off reparations at minimum wage.

finallee!

the insurance company sent me a check yesterday for my lose,, well for those who have replied the insurance company knocked down my total for replacement by 1200 dollars.:) so i have alittle more recourse avaible but wont know for sure till tommrrow.. so till then i am at least partially rembersed and better off than i was.. also while i am here and have got your attention,,, are the new milwakee 1/2 drills as good as the older models the dont have near the weight of the older one i had???? whats yur opinion??

To add insult to injury, these scumbags will probably be ordered to pay restitutuion. In a few years you'll get a check for a couple bucks as "restitution". At least that's what happened to me when my car got broken into about 10 years ago while at a body shop. About $3000 worth of stereo equipment got stolen and I got $1100 from their insurance company after months of arguing. They caught the scum right away because they left fingerprints all over my car but never recovered anything. About 3 years later I got a check for $3.something. I came really close to walking into the county clerks office and ripping it up and throwing it on the floor I was so mad. Not to mention they probably used $10 worth of MY tax money to process that check.

The finallee

well i got betsy back yesterday, both parts. and her side kick.. the officer delivered them to work for me... the fianl outcome was the driver got 6 onths in county jail plus restituion and the parolee got 6 yrs in the big house:D and according to the last person i talked with the chances of restituion is better than normal... we wil just wait and see.. but btsy will be bandaged up and will be above the shop office door reminding me of the past and her history! i took the fore arm off to transport it last night and saw my grandadas ss no. scribed in the barrel:D dont know what happens to dead folks ss no.s but this one will add to the history of Betsy....:thumb:

Bad situation ending up with some good news. I hope those boys don't like their new home.
Nice that they hand delivered betsy to you. Fix her up and display in your office like you said, Hey new project for your shop - Locking display case!

Later

Tom

well i got betsy back yesterday...
dont know what happens to dead folks ss no.s but this one will add to the history of Betsy....

Good that you got her bac, more or less intact!!

As for the SSAN, It seems to live on forever. Recently, my wife applied for her SS retirement benefits. There was a question about her having gotten student benefits in 1963. The clerk popped up her father's SSAN to check. Her Dad died in 1968, but is still 'in the system."

The boss got rip off back in August. They left a stolen car in his garage and took two Harley's, right during the day. It's a farm so people are out and about you would have thought some one would have seen them. He had a burglar alarm system but it wasn't hooked up to the big doors. They had a call in to the security company to hook up the big doors. The next night they came back and stole a pickup out of the garage. They got the pickup back 2 weeks later and haven't seen the bikes since. The one guy has ties to the Gipse Jokers so bikes are in pieces, and they cant tie him to the theft but they know he was with the other kid because they got caught in an other town in a stolen car. They are still wait for finger prints. Anyway the kid was put in jail because of other thefts waiting trail for this and he hung himself the day before trial.:thumb: He was a also a child molester.

Stacey