Compressor..............Again....

...I know very little about compressors, but I would not be brave enough to put a larger compressor on my tank than what originally came with it. Maybe that is not something to worry about, I don't know.

The size of the compressor pump really has no bearing on the tank. What matters is the PSI that the pump will put out. In general terms, you wouldn't want to put a pump that's made to provide 175 PSI on a tank that's only rated for 125 PSI. (Actually, it could be done if you adjusted things correctly...like I said, in "general terms". Also, I believe all tanks are designed to hold much more pressure than most pumps can generate. It's a safety cushion, much like how a bridge is generally designed to carry more weight than it will even be expected to hold.)

I could take the huge pump and motor off my 60 gallon tank and attach it to a little 3 gallon tank with no safety concerns. The only thing that would be different is that the pump would fill the small tank much faster than it would the larger tank.