Friday 03/15/2024 is in the books

It's been a good week. Accept for being sick. Shelly An I did go see little shop of horrors last night at Ford's theater with Jared and Leta. I'm hoping to get to the farm sometime this weekend to till about 1/acre. Besides that. Nothing planned.

Attachments

• 17105071584523013635080670829182.jpg
    17105071584523013635080670829182.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
got a doctors appointment for my foot this morning then it's home to do a little clean up of this desk. Tomorrow I have to go look @ some land the Veterans Center is trying to get for our permanent home. After that maybe a little time engraving a plaque for the Riders. Sunday morning I am off to pick up a my Lady from her trip to Banff with her ski club. Then I plan to spend the rest of the day ad tomorrow enjoying her company. Maybe go for a ride on the trike if the foot doctor says it OK.

Plan on going to grandson's choral presentation tonight. Daughter was coming down from KC but fate got in the. Highway blocked by wreck first thing. Then a flat tire spoiled the start. Not meant to be. Waiting for parts for router table. Wore out old Craftman router and have to replace insert plate. The old router would not lock onto bits any longer. Cleaned but to no avail. I've been meaning to put DeWalt 618 on table now I have an excuse. Now on to making playing card holders for a friend. That and other stuff. Maybe rebuild card table this is sinking in the middle. It is nice to have warmer weather to get out and play.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend and more.
David

Been under the weather for the last few days and the sniffles have finally stopped long enough to get a few things done. Replacing all the halogen under cabinet kitchen lights with LEDs and need a Lowe's run to get an appropriate dimmer switch. Weeds are taking over the garden and need pulling before they go to seed. Still need a couple more cutting boards. Lots of stuff to do. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

It has been a lovely week for the most part with the temperatures in the high 60's and low 70's. Perfect shop weather and I have been enjoying my afternoons prepping wood for some projects I intend to turn later in the year.

I passed a kidney stone a couple of weeks ago and during that time I had to have blood work. The blood work showed a precipitous decline in my kidney function which was already compromised by my cancer ordeal. He said it was not unusual for a drop to occur but this was almost a 20 point decline which is unacceptable. The doctor had me repeat the bloodwork and yesterday I got the news. My kidney function had improved considerably but has not returned to where it was. I will be returning to the lab and nephrologist soon. It is always something.

I would not wish cancer on any living creature.

Kitchen Cabinets are on hold till laundry room is done.

Laundry room progress:
Wall compounding is 3/5 done. My skills are marginal with building walls. 1-is taping 2-is compounding after taping 3-is skim coat 4-is a touchup skim coat 5-is final touchup before primer. In the end is looks about 90% as good as a pro does, it just takes me longer.

I made new window sills and trimmed out 2 windows.

First piece of crown went up today.

Saturday and Sunday are family days.

CJ and Jon are coming late tonight, they will halter the 4 dairy beef steers so I can help them load them. We have to take them to their fairgrounds Saturday morning (Jasper Co, Indiana) about an hour away. They will get their tags checked and get weighed. This establishes the base weight for rate of gain when they get checked in at the first day of fair this summer. CJ has to work tomorrow night (he makes popcorn and works concession stand at local movie theater) so Lou and I will bring them home and put them away, eat dinner and probably fall asleep for an afternoon nap!! Have a couple piles of wood cut that needs split, might be Sat or Sun. Otherwise, taking it easy this weekend. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Yesterday I replaced the cardboard backing on all 10 of my target frames. Glad I did it then instead of today, because the wind showed up last night and hasn't let up. Peak speed at our house so far was 51.5 mph. It's supposed to calm down this weekend. I'm hoping it does, because I have a Range Day scheduled for Sunday with my shooting club. I've got a variety of other chores on my list for this weekend, ranging from vacuuming the house to re-potting the pickups on one of my guitars. (Removing them from the guitar and dunking them in melted paraffin.) I'm also going to give Big Mike's Stewed Beef recipe a spin today.

CJ and Jon are coming late tonight, they will halter the 4 dairy beef steers so I can help them load them. We have to take them to their fairgrounds Saturday morning (Jasper Co, Indiana) about an hour away. They will get their tags checked and get weighed. This establishes the base weight for rate of gain when they get checked in at the first day of fair this summer. CJ has to work tomorrow night (he makes popcorn and works concession stand at local movie theater) so Lou and I will bring them home and put them away, eat dinner and probably fall asleep for an afternoon nap!! Have a couple piles of wood cut that needs split, might be Sat or Sun. Otherwise, taking it easy this weekend. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

I did all my haltering a few weeks ago(actually, I have no clue what this means, Ill go google it when Im done here)

in the early 70s I dropped out of college and moved to ft lauderdale florida to help my buddy and his dad run a movie theater his father purchased. the movie theater was closed and not for a reason anyone would ever guess.(the manager of the theater was running a prostitution ring out of there, and there were beds behind the screen, unbelievable, we discovered this after his dad purchased it) anyway, my favorite part of the day was making popcorn, smell up the entire theater and like grizzly bears smelling an open garbage can the people would come wandering into the lobby as soon as the smell was strong enough. our biggest concession item besides popcorn and soda, was hotdogs, on the roller type grill, and dill pickles. we had a huge glass jar of pickles on the counter and for 25 cents wed put it in a small mr pickle bag, b ig seller, never saw anything like that in new york, or any other place actually

moving on.....I did not escape covid as I thought I did. we both have tested negative now, me for 3 days, elen for 2 i think, but Ive got a problem with my lungs. doctor told me I have some bronchial swelling, or something like that he told me....put me on prednisone, singulair to help air passages, and tessalon pearls for the cough. I cannot believe it, but I knew if I ever got any virus bad enough having been on immuno suppressants for 15 years I would be in trouble. Im hoping this will not be a lifelong thing, as covid is a sneaky sucker and can cause lifelong headaches.
I feel ok, just a deep cough but not as bad as a few days ago.
been out in the shop alot, started today at 930 and just came in now, finishing up 2 more red bird feeders and working on 2 whimsical bird houses made out of cedar. no plans for the cedar birdhouse, just looked at a picture and Im figuring out all the angles and parts myself. making an extra part each time so if I need to make more, as Im sure family members will want one, Ill have a much easier go at it. I like the challenge.

no big pieces in my future, and I keep telling my kids, if they need furniture, or any pieces or any woodworking, I have to get it done soon, as Im not going to be able to handle large pieces as I age, and my back and knees arent being nice to me.

Im really looking foward to sunday as the grandkids will come here and Ill finally get to see them again.

I had a part-time job cleaning a couple of movie theaters. The owner always cleaned the bathrooms which suited me just fine. I had enough experience cleaning bathrooms when I was helping a guy clean church day care and kindergartens. I cleaned them with a leaf blower. Started at the back of the theater and blew everything down to the front and used a grain scoop to shovel it into big trash cans. Once a month I had to mop the floor around the seats. That was a nightmare. You wouldn't believe the stuff you find in a movie theater. I found money almost every night. I found several wallets which I just turned in to the boss so he could call the owner. I also found several watches, rings, bracelets, shoes, and hats and coats. I also found used party balloons and women's underwear. I shall not comment on either. I cannot imagine how those things were lost. :censored: I was getting paid $15 to clean each of those theaters so you know how long ago that was.

Many years ago I had to investigate a retail bakery because of repeated complaints about cleanliness. I never saw any evidence of baking in this place. The women who worked there had three or four cake pans and about the same number of boxes of cake mix. I never them actually working on any food stuffs in this facility. There were usually 7 or more women at the bakery. Turns out they were not selling cakes. The police busted them as the bakery was a front for a call girl operation. Never did find out who was making the sanitation complaints because they making them anonymously. I wonder how they knew what was going on.

got back from the foot Doctor and after much trials and tribulation he figures I'll live. Of course he couldn't send me home with a parting gift a cortisone shot in the joint of my foot just below the toe.....OWE that wasn't fun.
I know how you feel. I get one of those shots about every two months. Right into the joint...NOT FUN! Keeps me walking, though.

After the wind storms of the last few weeks, I've got a lot of tumbleweeds to move around. But supposed to be a great weekend. Just spent a couple hours on the back patio listening to an internet radio show I like, playing darts, and hanging out with the dogs. Rocket is doing great and Jims dog CJ is here for a few weeks. Threw the tennis ball a bunch for the dogs and they are tired. Like they say, a good dog is a tired dog, lol.

Still working on the shop cleanup, but starting to see some progess, will keep doing more of that as well.