Home Office Storage Cabinet (with display to come)

Bill Arnold

Staff member
In other posts, I've made mention of an office cabinet with display that I've been working on for a while now. The base storage unit is complete, except for loading more items into it, but this is where we are as of today.

Basic construction is solid cherry with maple plywood door and end panel inserts. I used a stain on the panels to make them resemble cherry. The top is 3/4" plywood with rotary cut bubinga veneer. The finish process was a coat of EM1000 sealer, two coats of EM6000 gloss, and one coat of EM6000 semigloss. Actually, I put three coats of EM6000 gloss on the top panel.

OC1_11_Base_1a.jpgOC1_11_Base_1b.jpgOC1_11_Base_1c.jpg

Here's the overall plan from SketchUp:
Office_Cabinet_2021.png

And a couple of interim photos:
You can never have too many clamps!
OC1_2_BaseTopPanel1.jpgOC1_4_FF_GlueUp.jpgOC1_6_EP_GluedIn.jpg

Thanks for viewing!
:wave:

Didn't realize till just now that the one thing my office is lacking is a slicer for cold cuts. Amazon here I come! :LOL:
At the time we were looking for a slicer back in January, the best price was at Walmart. Amazon now has an un-branded version of what looks like the same slicer. Webstaurant Store is another place I look for choice items. :)

I've used our slicer mostly for home made Canadian bacon. Tried slicing raw beef roast for jerky, but that didn't work so well. :dunno:

At the time we were looking for a slicer back in January, the best price was at Walmart. Amazon now has an un-branded version of what looks like the same slicer. Webstaurant Store is another place I look for choice items. :)

I've used our slicer mostly for home made Canadian bacon. Tried slicing raw beef roast for jerky, but that didn't work so well. :dunno:
put the meat in the freezer before you slice it for jerky.

Really nice. How did you do that edge treatment on the top of the doors?
I printed a full-size pattern from SketchUp and used it as a guide to bandsaw a template in 1/2" plywood. Then, I used the template to mark each of the cherry pieces and bandsawed them within 1/16" of the line. The final step was to put a bottom bearing pattern bit in my router table, used double-sided tape to attach the pattern to each piece and finished the shaping. A little sanding completed the process.