It's Friday! - 8/2/2013 Edition

There's nothing quite as fun as puppy classes. Took both Bucky and Logan to them, for all the good it did. :D

But the fun is watching all the puppies play together and to dote over the other puppies. Good times.... :thumb:

Oh man, that must have been rough hanging out with all those cute young women! Get your rest Old man!:D

no sooner did I wake up before, my sil was already texting my wife wanting to confirm that we are coming over later for the birthday bbq.
this celebration started Friday night, they all went to manhattan and waited until 11:55 to get into a club so the new 21 y/o was proud to show her ID. There must have been 1000 people at this waterside club last night, my niece had maybe 50 people there.
I don't remember celebrating birthdays like this. We had a few friends and relatives over for cake, sung happy birthday, and that was it.

Im headed out shortly to go to a arts and craft fair nearby, see what the local competition is churning out.

Allen i am trying to picture you in a disco with a John Travolta suite on going back to the disco days of Sat night fever. :) Looks to me from the smile on your face you having a great time.:thumb:

The last couple of months have been busy for me. I have changed companies and my off time has been busy with some remodeling of the kitchen/dining room/half bath. There has been no room for woodworking and no plans for any until this winter when everything slows down. These past two weeks saw me working 10 to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week on a large project at work. I needed a break, so we ventured to Port Townsend for a day, yesterday. Early this year I had planned taking a class over there with Matt Bickford. It just did not work out with everything I had going, but I really wanted to meet Matt, so that was part of the reason to go over there for the day. For pictures of one of my previous trips over there go to this link. It is pictures of my daily walk to one of my classes with Garrett Hack.

PT_Town1.jpgPT_Town2.jpgPT_Town3.jpg

Most of the day was spent hiking around the area, but I did manage to stop by the school at lunch and spent some time taking with Matt and checking out many of his hollows and rounds. I also bought his book from him. After getting it and browsing through it, I am getting all excited about getting back to woodworking this winter.

Today is going to be spent finishing up laying down base molding. Just got to love mitering around those rounded corners we have.

Oh man, that must have been rough hanging out with all those cute young women! Get your rest Old man!:D

It was exhausting, but I took one for the team.
I have video on my phone of the madness, I haven't been to a club lately with all that loud thumping music, shoulder to shoulder people, brought back the memories from my younger days. Don't know how to load a video from my phone to anywhere, Im still working on pics.

I went to dad's. Worked on his sharpening station, dust collector, computer, moved the lathe and took a run to the lumber yard. A weekend of fun with my best bud. :thumb:

[…] we ventured to Port Townsend for a day, yesterday. Early this year I had planned taking a class over there with Matt Bickford. It just did not work out with everything I had going[…]

I drove my wife the ~1000 miles to Port Townsend a few years ago, so she could attend an Arts / Crafts conference for a week. I had nothing to do most days, so I found my first-ever geocaches, hiked around the old fort, etc. I had toyed with the idea of taking a class at the woodworking school, but that week was a women-only class. Sigh! I did drop in to see the place and pick up a couple pamphlets.

My "dream" is to make the same trip on my motorcycle and stay in one of the park's "primitive" (tent) campsites while taking a class. My tent would only be a couple hundred yards from the classroom, and it would sure cut down on the overall expense of the trip. (I know, I know...)

Well, I got my hardwood/plywood for my project, but got to spend Sunday working on my truck. It would barely idle, fuel pressure was good, changed out a few parts that were of the same issue (I had no error codes), still no luck. :bang: Finally got ticked and spent some time combing over the engine's electrical and vacuum lines. Found a 3/8" vacuum line on the back of the engine intake with a mirror that the boot had dry rotted. I put my finger over the hole and engine went to a normal idle. :bow::headbang: Took another 1 1/2 hours to get a replacement line on the fitting, was connected to my pvc, which explains why I've been burning a quart of oil every two weeks too.

Well Darren glad you got to find the fix. I will be doing much the same with my Jeep (I note you have been looking for one of these Just Expect Every Problem) vehicles so dont say i did not warn ya. :)

I figure tried the new found dealer with what i thought was a great mechanic, paid them well and they did not find the issue. So I let dealer know. Had the service manager call me back and i told me they would have another look.

But before i go and have them hit and miss the parts given there is no codes, I am gonna do a few change outs myself at my costs and then at least I aint paying them to guess the part. I figured if i get a bunch of parts out of the US and swap them out, it will still be cheaper than any single trip to the deal has ever cost me. Gonna hit my Egr, will clean the Mass air, but also buy a replacement (relatively cheap on the Jeep) will hit my injectors, can get a matched set for less than the cost of a injector cleaning at the dealer and i aint doing a cleaning at home. Then gonna buy a single coil pack and move it around to see if i get to kill off the strange missfire symptom on this Hemi. Have hunted the Jeep Commander specific forums and aint found a solution.

Still feel doing this myself has loads of satisfaction to it and huge savings. :)

Glad you had the luck in finding your fix.:thumb:

I ended up making several candlesticks, and at the end of the day I set a personal record by turning out a candle stick in 15 minutes. If I could sell these at a $10 profit I could make $30 an hour, if anyone wood buy them. Photos will be coming when I find my camera.