SketchUp Drawing Exercise No. 2

So the gap is less than 1/64" but there's still a gap. If you change the Units to Decimal Inches, you can set the precision higher and see how big the gap is.

Well as it stands now..

lesson2B.jpg

Forgot how to get the cylinder sections smooth. I have used smooth but it didn't do it. Was it the weld plugin?

Attachments

• lesson2B.skp
    84.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Garry, You can do either of two things. One is select all of the geometry of the lid, right click on it and choose Smooth/Soften. The other option is to get the Eraser tool and hold Ctrl while you click on the edges that need to be softened.

Good work, sir.

Hey Dave! When is the next class? :type:

I guess we could go over the dovetails and the round over although I expect everyone figured them out. Does anyone want me to go over them? Or is everyone looking for a new assignment?

Larry, I heard you're baking me a cake to try to one-up Bill's apple. I'm especially fond of angel food made from scratch. Chocolate layer cake is good too. ;)

Not everyone, Dave! How about a list of commands in the order you did them? Those of us slowpokes might get unstuck and others could see how you did them as opposed to how they might have done them.

i think we could use a summary in slow motion on how you went about it because i am sure we didnt all do it the right way..and as for the cake order well dave pm me your address and i will make sure you get some:) also a phone number so i can make they dont get lost in transit:)