Stu’s Izu Laundry Room Reno

Peter Rideout

I’m just shining a light on a neat project that our friend Stu is working on for a client in Izu, a couple of hours south of Tokyo.
It’s his usual, very meticulous work, while not taking himself too seriously!
Interesting to see how he deals with “design opportunities” that crop up as the job progresses. You can follow along on his The Tokyo Craftsman channel on YouTube.
It’s fun to catch up with your morning coffee.

I have also been watching Peter, and posted a thread about it recently. It has been interesting to see how he copes with the challenges of remodeling this space. I am interested in the finish wall board he recently put up and need to ask him what it is. It might be an option for me in some remodeling I need to do.

I have also been watching Peter, and posted a thread about it recently. It has been interesting to see how he copes with the challenges of remodeling this space. I am interested in the finish wall board he recently put up and need to ask him what it is. It might be an option for me in some remodeling I need to do.
I was curious about that finish wallboard too Bill. Seems to me it might bypass the whole drywall mud mess in some situations. Sorry I didn’t notice your other thread, maybe some clever admin could merge the two (hint😀)

I was curious about that finish wallboard too Bill. Seems to me it might bypass the whole drywall mud mess in some situations.
Exactly! I have a room that currently has wall paneling that I would like to change out to more of a painted drywall look, but I have clearance issues with hot water radiators being installed too close to the wall. It would require moving the piped connections away from the wall.