Yet another Michigander!

Larry, here are the pictures I promised. As you can see the air is piped back to the shop, minimizing heat loss. This is a sophisticated setup, but you could duplicate the idea with less costly components.

Cyclone 1.jpg

Cyclone 2.jpg

Cyclone 3.jpg

Cyclone 4.jpg

Thanks Bill

That is kind of what I have in mind, but way bigger!

I am going to use a dumpable hopper instead of a trailor as I have the tractor and forks, so one less piece of equipment to maintain, and I think it will be faster. I will be dumping in the compose hole on site so will be a short run. Tractor will lift 2000# so it can be pretty good sized. Figure on welding it up in a taper so it will dump easy. All of the equipment will be inside a structure to conserve heat, and hide it from view from my house.

Made contact with Bill Pentz today so I will see where that goes. Been playing tag. He may tell me my ideas are junk? I have been thinking of a two blower/cyclone system so I don't have to run a huge motor all the time, but still be able to run both should I pick up a wide belt. I often run two or three machines at a time when I am prepping stock, so when I am doing that I can run both sides as well.

The other thing about the split system is that I can probably run them with single phase motors, saving my 50 hp three phase limit[converter size] for machinery.

I'll get ahold of you when I get my slabber built and working. Have a ton on my plate with the new house and shop but I always get distracted by these kinds of projects, so I may get it to fly yet. I'll give you my practice pieces.

I am going to get the machine working in its present state before I modify it, so I will hack off a few cookies for you in the meantime. I have a friend that owns a tree service, so I can get odd tree parts at will.

The other Larry

I know your area well Larry.

I have hunted the Pigeon River forest down by the Cornwall flooding, fished on several rivers and had few beers at the old 211 Bar on Black Lake.

I am also a building contractor....and close to your age. Seems we have a lot in common.

Our family all got together and built a "Cabin" within staggering distance of the Black River party store. I don't get up there as often as I'd like.....seems the deer population in that area is about the same as it is out in the middle of Lake Superior.....so I go on past, up to the U.P. and deer hunt.

You live in a beautiful area, I think I know where you live by your description of the schoolhouse you re building. Next time I go by I'll honk the horn.