WOW! That only took 8 months!
Genesis thread: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...Considerations
Design thread: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...s-(and-table-)
Slow and steady wins the race, I guess. I've got to build a mate for this thing now too, uggggg. THAT one is going to get assembled, then sprayed. I've been referring to this project as "That Stupid Chair" for about 6 weeks now. Won't be able to take it outside until April or May....
I've got probably an honest to God 40-50 hours in this sad thing. Material prep was a bear. All of the 2x material is #2 pressure treated pine of various widths. I carefully examined all my stock and cut around knots and imperfections. There's only 1 knot in the entire chair. I handplaned every square inch of every single board. Then I pre-drilled and counter-sunk about 80% of the holes. Next I stained everything. Finally, I assembled it.
Here are the finished photos. Took so long that I've lost the few in-progress shots I took. You can see there are lots of Arts & Crafts / Art Deco elements.
I think I like the little cloud-lift like shape on the lower front cross bar and the rising shapes on the under arm supports best.
Thanks everyone who gave me advice or ideas.
Now I can get to work on something I want to! Wine glass caddies.