AquaNet super strength

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I went to pull a part off the printer today that had fully cooled, it came off quite easily, but noticed something strange on it out of the corner of my eye.
2020-04-30 11.31.21.jpg

Seems a piece of glass came with it off the borosilicate plate. The plate wasn't cracked, just missing the divot, so flipped it over. I will order another, but just found it odd. :dunno:
2020-04-30 11.31.31.jpg

I've had that happen even without using spray.

I don't really use it much anymore, because I get tired of cleaning off the glass.

I usually use DNA to just clean the glass as much as possible.

That being said I do find different filaments stick different. So sometimes I have to adjust my z Offset in order to get some to stick right.

Had some wood filament that wasn't my usual brand that I really had to work on adjusting the z height to get it to adhere at all.

I use AquaNet for all my printing. I had the divot thing happen one time when I was trying to force a piece off the glass. If an item is more stubborn than normal, I stick it in the fridge for a few hours and it'll come off with no problem.

Last edited:
I use AquaNet for all my printing. I had the divot thing happen one time when I was trying to force a piece off the glass. If an item is more stubborn and normal, I stick it in the fridge for a few hours and it'll come off with no problem.
Yeah, I've had that happen too, this one wasn't even stuck when I picked it up, obviously just fused and caused some stress for the glass. I'm printing on the other side now, but should have the new one tomorrow.

I'm sort of disappointed. I figured this thread was going to be all about Darren's hairstyle back in the '80s. :D

ChrisWalter-GettyImages1.jpg