Recent content by Charles Lent

1. Charles Lent

More Chestnut

I don't care for turning myself, but I do appreciate the work of others. Your work is beautiful. Thanks for posting. Charley
  2. Charles Lent

Only 35 gallons left!

Mike, Klingspore didn't move all that far. Check their new address either on the back of their catalog or online. They are just one town away from the old location now. https://www.yellowpages.com/cary-nc/mip/klingspors-woodworking-shop-539487300 Charley
  3. Charles Lent

Nice try scammer but It didn't work

Thanks, Vaughn. I was just guessing. Charley
  4. Charles Lent

Nice try scammer but It didn't work

He called me a couple of nights ago and I was already on Amazon, so did similar with him. He isn't too bright, because he called me last week and I did the same thing with him, but this time he swore at me before hanging up. I've also been getting a lot of emails from banks reporting that "my...
  5. Charles Lent

Dropped Arbor nut?

Well, JB Weld is kind of what I was referring to when I said "5 minute epoxy". Charley
  6. Charles Lent

Dropped Arbor nut?

Instead of CA glue, how about 5 minute epoxy. It just requires 5 minutes of patience to hold the magnet in position, but being a steel arbor, the magnet should hold itself there, but it might want to slide a little off center if you don't hold it in exactly the right place. Or maybe 5 minute...
  7. Charles Lent

Current Project. FINISHED

I love making projects like that, but my wife has forbid me from keeping them in the house. She likes them too, but hates dusting them even more. So the few that did make it into the house, I take into the shop every few months and blow them off with the compressed air. Then put them back in the...
  8. Charles Lent

Dropped Arbor nut?

Possibly might help centering the nut as you install it too. I'll be trying it today, well maybe this week. A lot going on today. I have always kept one of those extendable retrievers with the magnet on the end, for finding the nut and stabilizers in the saw dust, and keep it on a magnetic tool...
  9. Charles Lent

Driving in Albuquerque This Time of Year

Simulator? I got to land the Space Shuttle on the newly built simulator, but they didn't yet have the aerodynamics to load into the computers for it yet, so it had the cockpit of the space shuttle, but the aerodynamics of a 747. After I landed, my buddy, who had designed much of it said, " not...
  10. Charles Lent

Violins

There are videos of Marta performing at shows and weddings including her acrobatics while playing. Can you play any instrument upside down while hanging from the ceiling? She adds LED lights to both her violin and bow for some of these shows. Here is one of them. And another Charley
  11. Charles Lent

Driving in Albuquerque This Time of Year

When I lived in NY State, my home was in the East glide path to a small airport that was mostly all private aircraft. They had a skydiving school with a Lockheed Loadstar for the jump plane and there were many balloonists flying out of there, but I don't know if they ran a school there or it was...
  12. Charles Lent

Violins

For those of you who enjoyed Marta Z and her electric violin, here are her songs for today Enjoy. Charley
  13. Charles Lent

Restoring bent clamp

Try some solvents to get the green paint off. Start with the more mild solvents like alcohol, then acetone, then paint thinner, and then lacquer thinner. When all else fails, start with a citrus based paint stripper. Ketone would be next, if you can find it. For straightening, I think Jim...
  14. Charles Lent

New Shop Journey

I frequently design while I sleep, and sometimes wake up and put it on paper so I don't forget it. Then I sleep better, knowing that I have the problem solved and documented. Trouble is, sometimes when I wake up and look at what I've put on paper, it's obvious that it is totally wrong. Well, at...
  15. Charles Lent

New Shop Journey

When I moved here from NY State, I watched the handle of my shop push broom, bundled together with other long stuff, go into the moving van. When we got here, I watched it and the bundle leave the truck and go into the house. Later, as we were unpacking and putting everything where it belonged...