Recent content by Jonathan Shively

1. Jonathan Shively

I've graduated

Years ago I was talking to an elderly man about some horse equipment. He asked me my name about 1/2 hour into our discussion (I had introduced myself at the beginning) and I told him my name who my dad was and he changed expressions and asked if Bud was my grandfather. I said yes, he exclaimed...
  2. Jonathan Shively

I've graduated

Way to a man's heart and dog's heart is through their stomach!!! When I was shoeing a regular route of horses, I could enter barns and be met by the meanest dogs and their tails were wagging and happy to see me (horse hooves are a delicacy for them!).
  3. Jonathan Shively

Morning everyone.

I will do so. Yeah, they are outdoors people for sure. She found out their taxidermist liked the hearts so every deer Audrey will cut the. heart loose and put it in a bag for him. She did this for a couple of years before her first year of hunting. He always gives her at least $50.00 off of...
  4. Jonathan Shively

Morning everyone.

Good morning Dave. Erik set up the blinds for them (they had 3 set up in case). This past weekend was the Youth Hunt. Erik had to work so Tess took Audrey out. Their Saturday morning hunt was filled with birds but not a clear shot at one specific bird. Had 2 groups of 5 mature Toms and a...
  5. Jonathan Shively

Stabilizing a hill side?

Around here for silage pit walls, they have started using the large concrete blocks with interlocking features. They are made of the extra concrete returning in trucks. https://www.valleyblockandconcrete.com/block/big-blocks-v-lock-2/ Could paint them or decorate them, even drill and install...
  6. Jonathan Shively

Happy Birthday Sayer Fancher!

Happy Birthday Sayer!!
  7. Jonathan Shively

Friday 4/19/24 GOOD MORNING FWC

Think of bologna sandwich spread. Mom boils the legs and then cooks the meat and grinds it with pickles, hard boiled eggs,, Miracle whip and I don't remember what else. Makes a great sandwich spread on either bread or crackers. Otherwise, the legs, I don't care for them as drumsticks.
  8. Jonathan Shively

Friday 4/19/24 GOOD MORNING FWC

What a week and last week! Feeling better. Bought 4 calves for grandkids 4H Dairy Beef Program and then we sell them for freezer beef at the end of the second year. In the past, have purchased them anywhere from $50.00 to 200.00 each. Current price, $1,100.00 each!!! Yikes! The dairy...
  9. Jonathan Shively

Self Closing Door Hinge with "Stay-Open" Detent?

Hmmmmm, stay open until job completed and then close hands free. Grandma's pantry door had that type of hinges. Door opened and stayed where placed, coming out with hands/arms full a gentle nudge with a toe and viola! door closed. :whistling: :ROFLMAO: Yes, I am feeling much better.
  10. Jonathan Shively

Side project...well, another

Darren, would have to check tonight and see what my Mausers shoot. If it will work, I could loan it to you, for the shipping price. If you fall in love with it, maybe could talk a deal. Great groundhog gun, my shoulder incisions won't allow it right handed anymore.
  11. Jonathan Shively

Happy Birthday Bob Gibson!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bob!!! It is my sincere wish there are many, many more in your future.
  12. Jonathan Shively

Table Saw From the Restore

Watching an old Storage Wars show and one of them found "an old table saw" that was a skill saw screwed to the bottom of a table.
  13. Jonathan Shively

Happy Birthday Joe Mioux!

Happy Birthday Joe.
  14. Jonathan Shively

Friday 4/5/24

Brent, when Lou Ann's foot got crushed, I bought off of Amazon the knee scooter. This is very comparable to what I bought her...
  15. Jonathan Shively

Tiger Stadium seat restoration is underway.

You tell us, is it comfortable to sit in/on????