Search results

1. Jason Tuinstra

Shaker Secretary/Computer Cabinet

Here is a design that I came up for our iMac patterned after a classic Shaker secretary. I don't get as much time in the shop as I used to, so this has been a long time in coming. I still need to shoot it with some pre-cat lacquer, but for now the BLO will have to do the trick. Just too cold...
  2. Jason Tuinstra

Curly Cherry Hall Table W/Pics *Installed*

Here's a table I built after seeing something similar in a movie, hence I've dubbed it the "set" table. I had this wood laying around with nothing to do so I thought this might be a good project. I normally try and get rid of the sap wood but I didn't want to give up any width. I decided to use...
  3. Jason Tuinstra

Curly Cherry Shaker Cabinet

It has been forever since I've posted anything here and the reason is simple: it's been forever since I've been able to get into the wood shop. Well, I finally got back in and was able to utilize some figured cherry I had in order to make this Enfield Shaker Cabinet. This is my interpretation...
  4. Jason Tuinstra

Curly Cherry Plasma TV Stand

Overview: It has been a long time in the process, but here is my latest creation. It’s an adaptation of a Thos. Moser design. It was built for client who wanted to show off his 50” plasma screen TV. I’ve never built anything like this before and it was quite a challenge to figure out how I...
  5. Jason Tuinstra

Tiger Maple Box with Custom Hinges

Here's another box I finished today. The last one (sycamore and curly cherry) ended up being bought by a friend of mine who also ordered this one. It's pretty straight forward except I redesigned the hinges so that they have a built in stop. I like the way they turned out as they're a bit...
  6. Jason Tuinstra

Is Bald Beautiful???

Well, the more I work with hand tools, the more I have to sharpen. The more I have to sharpen, the balder my wrist is becoming (see photo) :dunno: Fortunately my watch covers it up, but as with most bald spots, I'm afraid it's going to start developing into something more noticeable ;) So...
  7. Jason Tuinstra

Sycamore and Cherry Box with dt's

I'm just about done with this box (sorry if you've already seen this :o ). The BLO dried and I sprayed it with lacquer on Monday. I also finished the dividers for my watch collection (the yellow faced one and the empty slot belong to my wife). I need to build a top tray yet for her earing's...