Search results

1. Ted Calver

Friday 4/19/24 GOOD MORNING FWC

Mostly garden stuff. My seed starts were a failure, so will have to start over. The little mom and pop garden center where I always buy vege starts has closed because the pop has dementia and is being cared for at home by the mom. A sad situation. Thinking of buying a couple of metal raised...
  2. Ted Calver

okay Maybe Why

Alexa will play wake up bugle call for you every day at 0630 if you get homesick. She plays it at our house at 0930, but I was Air Force :rofl::beer:
  3. Ted Calver

Drones

Dunno, Leo. You still chasing cars??
  4. Ted Calver

Weather dot com

I use three on my phone: RainAware, which looks closely at rain probability within the next three hours; MyRadar, gives me a zoomable near real time radar/wind picture; Accuweather, which gives daily details, a radar cloud map, air quality and an allergy outlook, plus extreme weather warnings...
  5. Ted Calver

Fed up!

I got tired of messing with gas and oil a couple of years ago and went with the EGO system. Weed eater, leaf blower, chain saw and mower. All have worked well except the mower, which has a self propelled mode which surges suddenly. I’m used to it by now, but it’s a design flaw that has not been...
  6. Ted Calver

Quick garden update

I keep an eye open for alfalfa horse pellets on sale at my Tractor Supply. Discounted broken bags even better. Sprinkled on top of my planting beds until they dissolve and then tilled in.
  7. Ted Calver

Happy Birthday Bob Gibson!

Hope it’s a really special day, Bob. :b-day_cake::b-day::b-day_cake:
  8. Ted Calver

Upgrade for an old truck

My dreams are shattered. I thought you were really hiring old fat men.:beer:
  9. Ted Calver

Quick garden update

Except you own this one!
  10. Ted Calver

Drones

Not yet, Don. Looks like there are four FAA approved providers and I'd like one that works on the desk top also. AutoPylot does not seem to have that feature.
  11. Ted Calver

Friday 4/12/24

12lbs of top round sitting in the fridge waiting to be made into jerky. Contemplating getting a meat slicer to get more uniform cuts for jerky and bacon, but not sure which one. There is an expansion of the cat wall sitting on the bench waiting for glue up. Undecided on whether to put splines...
  12. Ted Calver

Drones

You guys are a bad influence. Just passed my TRUST exam and got my certificate through Dronetrust.com. Took 15 minutes. I live in an area with a lot of restrictions and would be limited to flights below 250 feet, but that's good enough for me. Now to save up for a drone.
  13. Ted Calver

Happy Birthday Joe Mioux!

Make it a great day, Joe! :b-day_cake::b-day::b-day_cake:
  14. Ted Calver

Upgrade for an old truck

You hired an old fat man? What kind of wages did he drink? :rofl:
  15. Ted Calver

Sanding Discs - Accidental Review

I’m with you on the Abranet. My favorite.
  16. Ted Calver

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

How is that she’s still single???
  17. Ted Calver

Eclipse today

Whip up one of these to enhance viewing:
  18. Ted Calver

So Alen

As Jim said, depends on where you live. Even here in coastal VA it isn't cheap. I got the same kind of quote when I priced it several years ago, after finding it was not part of my regular policy.
  19. Ted Calver

So Alen

Many years ago when living in Alaska, the land of lots of quakes, we had a memorable 5.5 roller that lasted a couple of minutes. I was down in the basement hanging salmon to form a pelicle before smoking and a very pregnant miss Margie was upstairs taking a bath. The ground started rolling...
  20. Ted Calver

Friday 4/5/24

If you are on Facebook, the "Official Pickled Egg Appreciation Society" group has a bunch of recipies. I modified a recipe I found there: 4 cups white vinegar 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 Tsp pickling salt 2 Tbs mustard seed 12 cloves 1/2 Tsp tumeric 1/2 stick cinnamon 1/2 Tsp powdered...