All 3 robots running

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, been a tough couple weeks for the robots. The y axis stepper on my am8 self destructed and took the control board with it.

The 99$ laser on my cnc machine, while it worked well while it worked, started to die.

So I had to replace some parts and went back to a Jtech 2.8 laser, which seems much stronger than that '6 watt' laser. Live and learn.

At any rate, I have them all running jobs right now monitoring them with octoprint and cncjs.

Oh, and I'm starting to work on my next printer, a 300x300mm machine. Got the heated bed and some other parts in.

robots running.jpg

Not enough room really. 500x500 would be a bit unwieldy in my shop right now. As it is, I'll probably have to redo my cabinet I use as an enclosure for the 300x300.

But that is pretty significantly bigger than the anet 18, about 46 percent bigger in square mm.

And honestly, I haven't really run into very many instances, other than that case for vaughn, where it's been that big of an issue.

But looking forward to seeing the house building 3d printer you're getting, LOL!