Craftsman 113 Tablesaw refurb

Back in the fall of 2014 one of my neighbors was moving and set this old tablesaw out for trash pickup and being the scavenger I am it wound up at my house.
014BA7DC-F2C7-4778-B7C6-B2B2E74F3745.jpegB5975207-F878-4C23-81C9-3DA0E2FA093E.jpeg709B3AB9-D879-4CF2-BB5F-8A229026327F.jpegD30D01B0-C482-499E-A252-F17FD7377E65.jpeg
It sat out behind my shop for about six months. It was already in pretty rough shape when I moved it to the house and sitting outside under a sheet of plastic all winter didn’t do it any favors.
DCA6ADF5-A524-452F-A169-5D2CCF3025FC.jpegDA4D3C01-CBC5-4CC5-8F59-D0CE6CFB6682.jpeg21D267E3-3F2B-4F1D-AA6C-BC390A91F1D8.jpeg
I tore it apart with plans to refurb it and put it to use but I wound up picking up an old 113 12” saw and started using that one instead. All the parts for this one wound up setting in a pile for the past five years until I gathered everything up last week. The arbor tilt on my 12” saw was always a bit touch and go but two weeks ago it jammed and I discovered that several teeth were missing from the pinion gears so I had a choice, find parts to fix the 12”, put the old 10” together and use it or buy a new saw. I did a little shopping for a new machine but this little thing called “unemployment” made me a little nervous about spending $1,000 plus on a new machine. So the 10” refurb is under way
 
Last edited:
A few additional photo of progress so far:
35B57523-B42E-4A65-94E8-FE5325B33445.jpeg
The table is rust free now. Quite an involved process but I am happy with the results. I purchased the new handwheels from Grizzly.
15142B7B-E42D-47B2-BD30-20853E16DA10.jpeg
This is the very rusty extension wing all cleaned and painted with Rustoleum Charcoal Gray from a rattle can.
0AAB912B-6930-49F9-A042-8E58ADB8F3EE.jpeg
This is the new base. The plinth and lower body are MDF and will be painted Rustoleum Aztec White.
F175CA8A-1208-4D60-B341-5425900F7CCF.jpegAA6E0583-06AD-4C9C-8C94-8ACA0FC704B5.jpegF3DE435A-AD80-42ED-ACF6-A94E8B953851.jpeg
The underside of the table and the arbor carriage are cleaned and painted. The arbor bearings are solid, no play at all.
 

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
16,710
Location
Kansas City, Missouri
That is cleaning up nicely. Do you have the fence for it? I had picked up a direct drive delta a few years back and made a new one using some angle iron and rectangular tubing. I ended up selling that one and the guy is still using it. Pics of the fence... http://popsshop.us/?p=6
 
That is cleaning up nicely. Do you have the fence for it? I had picked up a direct drive delta a few years back and made a new one using some angle iron and rectangular tubing. I ended up selling that one and the guy is still using it. Pics of the fence... http://popsshop.us/?p=6
That is sweet job on that fence. I have an Excalibur 36” capacity fence I’ll take off the old 12” machine.
 
All done with the basic machine. I do plan to add a new router table extension wing but other than that it’s all finished.
8EF867A9-DEC9-48C1-8418-EB21ED4D9ACA.jpeg
I rewired the motor to run on 220, it’s a 1HP, might shop around for a 2 HP but this will do for now
C0662A2F-C512-4251-B910-87349658483C.jpegA59F52BE-AC61-4D03-8466-64E7CCB7C7E5.jpegD54552B1-5256-4A57-8895-F8F0CAA4CA8D.jpeg
The fence is set up and adjusted
E7FB1206-F666-42B2-980E-85CEB6B7C98D.jpegFFDB8A91-9E46-486C-ADE9-78B57D720B22.jpeg
A couple of shots with the dust door and power switch mounted. I have a bit of cleanup to do and some tools to put away then I’ll get back into making sawdust.
 
Last edited:
Top