Dewalt 10" Jobsite Table Saw w/ Rolling Stand

Bill Satko

Today while I was out, FedEx dumped off my new saw. It was in my parking space. Way too heavy to move the box to the house, so I opened it up and carried the individual components to the courtyard and assembled it. The rolling cart was easy with the instructions being simple to understand. Not so much for the table saw. They had little diagrams that were not shown in relationship to the overall saw. So you were looking all over the saw trying to figure out where the detail was they were showing. I persevered and managed to get everything assembled with only the fence remaining.

First I should say that while putting both the rolling stand and table saw together I was getting a real appreciation on how both were designed and constructed.

When I came to the fence, I struggled to get it to fit the saw. Something was just not right. I looked much closer and realized that the saw was damaged. The back fence rail had been pushed in at one end, preventing it from fitting or sliding. I looked again at the box and found a small inconspicuous hole in the box. The box must have been dropped and the end of that rail absorbed the blow. Frustrating in that it was not very visible and that I only found it after assembling the entire saw. It truly was the last thing other than plugging it in.

I now have to get it in the back of the pickup (still trying to figure that out) and take it the Home Depot in Omak. Luckily (?) we are driving over there tomorrow anyway. I intend to get a refund and the go buy the same table saw over at the North 40 Outfitters, also in Omak. I noticed just now they have one in stock.

The only good thing out of all of this? I should be able to assemble the next one much faster.

1686008422491.png

1686008512005.png

1686008587961.png

1686008845963.png

Last edited:
Sorry for your trouble, Bill. As to getting the saw in the truck, back before jobsite saws, we had to move contractor saws. I’m sure I’m not telling you anything. You don’t already know :)

I would hook one end of the table on the tailgate of the saw and then rotate the saw up and in ending up with the saw upside down resting on the table top if that makes sense. I found this to be less effort and safer than trying to pick the Saul up and set it into the bed.

Hope this helps and hope everything works out well.

Sorry for your trouble, Bill. As to getting the saw in the truck, back before jobsite saws, we had to move contractor saws. I’m sure I’m not telling you anything. You don’t already know :)

I would hook one end of the table on the tailgate of the saw and then rotate the saw up and in ending up with the saw upside down resting on the table top if that makes sense. I found this to be less effort and safer than trying to pick the Saul up and set it into the bed.

Hope this helps and hope everything works out well.
Thanks Glenn, but I found a place to park the truck which lowered the height of the tail gate and then made use of an exterior bench top in my debris pile to us as a ramp and wheeled it up and in. Once I got to Home Depot, I got their help to unload. Got the replacement saw home and put together. I just need to fine tune the fence, riving knife and check to see if the blade is parallel to the miter slots. I been on YouTube finding out how to do it. I can tell the riving knife and fence needs adjustment, I just don't know about everything else.