Ditched the spinny drive

yes my camera is disabled when I am not using it. It's built into the touch screen but it is retracted in it house. When I need it I take it out. I did find that cisco web conferencing comes back when I boot up the computer so it is inherit to the program. Kinda ticks me off.
If it's running in the status bar down by your clock, then right click and check the settings, can also quit it from the right click on that icon.

Assume you're on Windows, but right click on the task bar, and open the task manager. There is a Startup tab (at least on windows 10) where you can enable/disable startup apps.

Yes windows ten. It was not there. I did disable a bunch of other stuff while I was there. When I look at it it says the memory footprint i 16K but zero CPU time.
hmmm curious. I also use Zoom for vidio conferencing also. This year because of the virus most of the insurance carriers are encouraging agent to do live enrollment via vidio (provided the client is tech savy enough and has a computer). I use zoom for a number of reasons. I don't have the same problem with zoom thank God.

I updated my shop computer with a new SSD drive today to get rid of it's spinny. It's an older all-in-one i3 processor running windows 10. The boot time went from about 5 minutes to about 30 seconds.

BTW, I went from a 500 GB to 1 TB on this one. The EaseUS software I recommended does clone the old drive to the new one. However, they want to charge to extend the partition size from the 500 gb to the 1 tb size. The built in Windows Partition manager will do this for you too, for free. ;)