first sale in a long time

Frank Fusco

I get dialysis treatments three times a week. Tuesday, my nurse noticed me with one of my personal pens. She asked if I would sell a pen to her. Today I brought the only two spec. pens I hadn't sold yet. It was a bullet pen. She bought it immediately. This was a very uplifting turn of events. I am encouraged to get back into the shop and make more sawdust.
p.s. the bullet part of the pen was made by someone here and I'm ashamed to say I forget who. :unsure:

Congrats on the sale, Frank. :thumb: You can add my Yes vote for you getting back into your shop, even if it's on a limited basis.

Congrats on the sale, Frank. :thumb: You can add my Yes vote for you getting back into your shop, even if it's on a limited basis.
Thanks Vaughn. A big reason I haven't used my shop tools for a while was because my left arm was swollen and had issues. A woodworking shop is populated with things that are efficient finger amputators. Without a functioning left arm I choose to stay away from those blood thirsty blades. Recently, I checked into the VA hospital at Little Rock. Got royal treatment. They didn't quit until the found the problems. Then I had a 3 hour procedure to correct bad surgery by three different doctors in my town. My arm looks human again and I can use it normally. Criticize VA and I'll come over and whomp you.;)

Criticize VA and I'll come over and whomp you.;)
Can't say anything bad about VA.... never used them and don't know if there's an office near me.... LOML complains all the time about having to drive 50 or so miles to doctor's ... she doesn't drive, so it's on me and I don't mind taking her wherever she needs to go.... I'm a couple years younger than you and no serious medical issues (YET).

I just attempted to sign up for VA benefits. I. haven't heard back yet... My son has been pressuring me for years to. He has no complaints with them. I have good insurance, but with the current inflation and being on a fixed income,,, every little penny sayed helps. I need hearing aids and new glasses. but I when I checked on new glasses last eye exam...WOW, didn't know they made them out of gold now. My current ones are around 10 years old.... Only have had to change the lenses once. Hearing aids are out of my price range, for sure. But I don't mind silence,,,, having been married for 54 years..!!

Can't say anything bad about VA...
Mw neither. A month ago, I broke a wire in one of my hearing aids. Went to the Cleveland VA walk-in Audio clinic, but they couldn't fix the (lack of parts, not expertise). They sent them off for repair at their main facility. Two weeks later, I got a package from them - a brand new (and upgraded from what I'd had) pair of hearing aids and instructions for linking them to my iPhone. Can't do much better than that. Oh, they also reimbursed me for the to/from Cleveland travel expenses (68 miles each way).

I just attempted to sign up for VA benefits. I. haven't heard back yet... My son has been pressuring me for years to. He has no complaints with them. I have good insurance, but with the current inflation and being on a fixed income,,, every little penny sayed helps. I need hearing aids and new glasses. but I when I checked on new glasses last eye exam...WOW, didn't know they made them out of gold now. My current ones are around 10 years old.... Only have had to change the lenses once. Hearing aids are out of my price range, for sure. But I don't mind silence,,,, having been married for 54 years..!!
There are income eligibility requirements. Call the closest VA hospital and ask for a patient advocate. Explain the situation and, I guarantee, you will get a response.

There are income eligibility requirements. Call the closest VA hospital and ask for a patient advocate. Explain the situation and, I guarantee, you will get a response.
In addition to that, some states/counties have Veterans Assistance/Advocacy departments. I found my local one to be very helpful.