JET JCDC-2 Cyclone Dust Collector

Tom Niemi

Staff member
I guess since I've been doing this woodworking stuff for 18 years now, I guess I may as well continue. So I have decided to improve my dust collection system, it has worked well, but I'm ready for a cyclone system. Today I ordered a Jet JCDC-2 Cyclone Dust Collector, 2 Micron Filter' 938 CFM, 2 HP 1PH 230V. It will be nice with easy cleaning and remote control. Excited, will be delivered next week Friday between 11:00am and 1:00pm :thumb:

71HDTk2e9RS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Very similar to the Grizzly unit, I looked at it and considered it. I went with the Jet as it has a 6" inlet instead of 7", easier to get piping for as I do eventually plan on full ducting. It also has a 30 gallon collection drum, the Grizzly only has a 20 gallon. It was about the same cost as the Grizzly, once their shipping price was put on. I purchased it through Amazon for $200.00 less than most other places and free shipping with Amazon Prime :headbang:

Well, it came in yesterday with garage delivery, large box and 236 lbs, 2 very nice young men with health backs did the delivery, my son and I both thought at the same time to ask if they would carry it down stairs for us, they looked at the path and said no problem, so down it came, I slipped them a nice tip for the assistance and they were on their way, HUGE help!!!

Here's the box
IMG_7626.jpgIMG_7627.jpg

A ton of nuts and bolts, a few choice words due to me missing one step and a complete dust collection cyclone :thumb: I am using it with a hose for now, will pipe it at a later date :)

IMG_6713.jpgIMG_6714.jpg