Johnson Laser Line Level

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I figured I'd need to do some line layouts for my pergola base plates, but wasn't sure if I'd have any help holding the chalk lines on the concrete, and given I do a lot of flooring, tile work, and picture hanging, I figured a line laser would come in handy.

I picked up one that is self leveling, shoots a cross hair out one side and a plumb line out 90* to the cross hairs. It can be mounted on a tripod too.
812t8rHQA4L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-...68-c-9145.htm?tid=-7648264383624157980&ipos=1

Some action shots...1) The laser, 2) directly across from the laser, 3) to the right of the laser.
2018-07-05 22.41.56.jpg 2018-07-05 22.42.14.jpg 2018-07-05 22.42.19.jpg

The laser can also be locked during transportation or left locked and each set of lasers turned on/off to align with existing layout lines/objects.

I should get a lot of use out of this one. I've had a few in the past without the auto level and they haven't been as useful as I see this one being.

EXcellent. Not sure how useful it would be around here, as not much is plumb or level in this house, lol.

Looks like a handy addition to the tool kit. :thumb: I'm also glad to see the hung picture and switch plate in your living room are plumb. :D

EXcellent. Not sure how useful it would be around here, as not much is plumb or level in this house, lol.
My daughter is having me look at a house for her tonight. The inspection report shows some rotted structure, so planning to use it to see just how unlevel the floors are and where.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks Larry.

The laser came in handy the other day looking at older houses with my daughter. I'd set it at one end of the rooms and measure the differences to figure out just how bad some of the foundation problems were and pinpoint the causes. More than paid for itself already.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I should get a lot of use out of this one. I've had a few in the past without the auto level and they haven't been as useful as I see this one being.

I think you will indeed get a lot of use out of it. I bought a functionally identical Bosch laser about three years ago and I've been happy with it...although I'd have been happier with the price you paid. I bought it while remodeling my stairs and its first real test came in laying out the baluster locations. Really, really handy.