My Band Doing What Bands Do

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I'd share this quick video our drummer captured with his GoPro at the show we played in Angel Fire a couple of days ago. The show was interrupted midway through by a torrential rain and hail storm, so the crowd at the end was pretty sparse. (This was the people who stayed after we'd already said goodnight...then a couple of minutes later we played an encore.)

I can't imagine my old bones going through the setup and tear down of my keyboard rigs anymore. I get tired just rolling up an extension cord anymore :rofl:. Glad you're still playing. Fun for you and fun for the audience. Good times.

I can't imagine my old bones going through the setup and tear down of my keyboard rigs anymore. I get tired just rolling up an extension cord anymore :rofl:. Glad you're still playing. Fun for you and fun for the audience. Good times.
Yeah, that part beats me up pretty badly every time, because every gig involves 4 moves. Load the 4Runner, unload and set up, pack up and load, and then unload at the house. To make matters worse, not only do I bring the 5 guitars, pedal board, and 4u equipment rack, I also own the PA mains and one of the wedge monitors, so I bring those as well. Fortunately all of the PA speakers and monitors are powered, so there's not a separate amp rack. Also, I don't use a guitar amp on stage, so I son't have to schlep an amp or speaker cabinet. (The PA and 4u rack is essentially my guitar amp.) Most of our local gigs we all just deal with our own gear, so I move and set up all my stuff plus the PA. I generally arrive an hour earlier than the other guys and get done packing and loading an hour after everyone has left. That way I can take my time and not have to work around everyone else. It also allows me to coil the cables the way I like and inventory everything as I put it away. In Angel Fire the other guys help with moving and setting up everything, and I make sure to let then know it's appreciated.