New Tablesaw Sled

So right after I built the new TS sled, I guess ver. 3.0 I realized that the zero clearance insert was great on the base of the sled, but on the vertical I did not have a zero clearance insert.
OK, I fixed that.

I give you Tablesaw Sled ver. 3.1.

I made up a bunch of spare inserts as well.
35257B48-8CB4-45AD-A09A-9F9EDC65DC1A.jpeg

DD35956E-C715-4F53-A079-1DA4C48E29DD.jpeg
58978874-80D4-4006-8E3D-2926123C0BF1.jpeg

Thanks guys.
I already see something more I missed....
There should be a sawdust kerf at the bottom of the back fence. I missed it on the initial build and when I added the ZCI on the vertical face of the fence I forgot it again 😵.
so don’t forget the sawdust kerf.

You'll be glad you went with ver. 3.1. My sleds with replaceable ZCI's in the bed and fence have been going strong for years with lots of ZCI replacements. It's nice to slip in a new fence ZCI when you are doing some critical joinery work and need that super clean "first cut" finish every time. I mark my bed and fence ZCI's when I use different dado widths or special setups. There is a place next to the sled storage area where these hang out for re-use. Eventually they all reach their final run but, I make them in batches every now and again so I always have a fresh setup available.

Feeling a bit dumb today. Not sure I understand the sawdust kerf idea. How does that work and still be a ZCI?

It's a groove that runs along the base of the fence so that sawdust doesn't build up and prevent you from getting the workpiece firm and flush with the fence. It can be cut in either the base or the fence itself. This illustration calls it a sawdust channel:

hb125tp02-01-main.jpg

This example uses a bevel cut on the base. I've always done mine as a rabbet cut along the bottom of the fence where it meets the base.

It's a groove that runs along the base of the fence so that sawdust doesn't build up and prevent you from getting the workpiece firm and flush with the fence. It can be cut in either the base or the fence itself....This example uses a bevel cut on the base. I've always done mine as a rabbet cut along the bottom of the fence where it meets the base.

Thanks, Vaughn. Makes sense now and seems like another smart add-on for my next build.