Playing in the Big Boy Shop

Yep.. Martin (aircraft carrier sized), Onrud, HUGE powermatic bandsaw that is some top quality kit right there 😲 :cool:

Interesting he has a big old bag shaker on the dust, that probably works pretty well with that massive sander and CNC though.. and with the size of the pipe to the CNC there can't be much lack of pickup o_O

...Interesting he has a big old bag shaker on the dust, that probably works pretty well with that massive sander and CNC though.. and with the size of the pipe to the CNC there can't be much lack of pickup o_O
I wondered about that dust system. Hadn't seen anything like it...and the bags were shaking. I asked Tim about it and he said there's some sort of electrostatic discharge system that helps keep the dust out of the bags. The owner gives them a wack before he starts the system each day and all the dust falls into the collection bags.

The owner also added a laser positioning system to the Onsrud. It's mounted on the ceiling and projects the piece being worked on onto the spoil board surface.
IMG_3389.jpeg,
IMG_3388.jpeg,
That thing has a vacuum pump so big it pulls enough vacuum through the MDF spoil board to hold the work piece in position without drilling any holes!:eek:

I worked with a C.R. Onsrud dual 25hp spindle twin table machine 2007 for 6 months. Quite a beast of a machine. I did some advanced parametric programming for it. Weird but it only had 6 work offsets available, but with parametrics and Reneshaw probing I was able to create unlimited intelligent work positioning.