QHD #1

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Quarantine Honey Do #1

We've needed a better way to get from the south side of our patio to the lawn, so I finally did something about it. The septic tank is located in that area, so there's very little topsoil to support a good stand of grass. The area has a tendency to get quite muddy in heavy rains. So, the solution was to build up the soil level a bit along the path of the walkway, then add stepping stones and rock.

These photos show how it was and how it is now.
Tank_Walk_1e.JPG Tank_Walk_2e.JPG Tank_Walk_3e.JPG

The plants sitting on stepping stones in the mulched area are above the tank accesses.

Not sure what's worse right now - inhaling shop dust or working outside and inhaling pollen!!

I'm with you on the pollen Bill, but that'll pass by as well pretty soon (at least here and hopefully there!).

The walkway sure looks nice, love the contrasting white and red. Definitely brightens the space up a lot!

The last time we played golf, just before they all closed, I was in the fairway waiting for the wife to hit to the green. Just then a gust of wind hit the stand of Doug Firs behind the green and a large, large cloud of green "dust" slowly worked it way out of the stand and onto the adjoining fairway.

I had never seen anything like it and my thoughts slipped instantly to the movie "The Happening", wondering if Nature was truly trying to kill us. That night and the next week I was sure it was.