Toothpick Holder in Kingwood.

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
That's one of the nicest toothpick holders I've seen. Are you turning the toothpicks too? ;) :D

There is an old episode of "The Beverly Hillbillies" tv show. Where Uncle Jed is stilling whittling on a log, they come back later to see him putting the final touches on a tooth pick , which he then uses. :)

Mike Stafford

One of my favorite woods... Love your toothpick holder.

I once turned a cigar box for a single cigar from a piece of kingwood. That turned out to be a problem as the odor from the wood permeated the cigar inside and resulted in off flavors when it was smoked.

Chas Jones

Very nice, Chas! Is that a kit or did you find a threaded collar and build the rest from scratch?

All home produced Vaughn, I prefer to use Brass if I have stock but do also use Aluminium when it runs out, wood I have a plenty, small items like this are a chance to use up some of those bits that keep resisting the firewood bin.

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
All home produced Vaughn, I prefer to use Brass if I have stock but do also use Aluminium when it runs out, wood I have a plenty, small items like this are a chance to use up some of those bits that keep resisting the firewood bin.
Thanks, Chas. I really like the simple and clean lines of yours compared to the kits I've seen from Craft Supplies and Penn State.

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
I do use a metal lathe, but have done them on a wood lathe in the past.
Most Brass is easily turned on a wood lathe with HSS tools and threads cut with Taps and Dies.
Thanks. I was wondering whether the threads were machine-cut or die cut. Brass machines beautifully, doesn't it?