Good thoughts needed.

Progress has been made...

My mother and aunt met with my grandfather yesterday along with the former employee and informed them that she was in fact a Former employee and has until tomorrow to pack and move out, he is moving up the hill to my parents house while a professional service cleans his home and/or until further arrangements can be made for his continued care.

My wife, son, and Monster in law (actually she's not bad, but we're her primary caregivers...)and I stayed until this was resolved, then piled into the car and made a 475 mile trip, arriving home at 23:45 Last night Including a stop for dinner and one for fuel. Dry roads all the way up to sillycuse from VA,

that one bad thing about gettin old the vultures sometimes land before we quit kickun.. been i a similar situation ned,, and its never fun!

She had been with him as a caregiver/housekeeper for over 15 years, having started when my grandmother was still alive as a nurse/housekeeper, but over the years she just wasn't as effective, and there were numerous 'sitatuations' which came to a head this past weekend.

He kept her on much longer than she should have been out of some sort of loyalty/big heartedness, but it is only now that my folks were able to convince him that she should be replaced.

Change is hard at any age. Sometimes easier to stay with a known than move into an unknown entity. Glad to hear of positive progress. Heres to a Happy New Year Ned!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And thanks for the link again. Went over his route, from Lynn to Hagerstown Indiana he went by the two farms my wife and I rented while I taught down there!!!