Office furniture

I've got a steel desk at home (old government surplus) with two pull-out panels that would prove those statements wrong. ;) They've not been pushed in for years, since all the stuff that's on them would fall to the floor.

Well then, how do you get into the drawers? I need to get into my desk drawers, so they must go in.

...art (brown haired geek)

Last edited:
No, no, no.... quite the opposite. Are you misunderstanding me?

Nope, I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about building a separate table for a desk. That is one that always gets cluttered up.

hey jeff, this looks great, i really like the overall design.

the only thing that catches my eye at the moment is that I liked the sides better before, as flat panels. i think it flowed better with the leg design.

I have been sort of back and forth on that too. I tend to agree with you Chris. I was also thinking that if I could use plywood on this I could keep the cost down. I prefer solid wood but it would be much simpler on this desk and I think I could still keep the look I want with solid wood top and doors.

Which leads to what wood to use. I have some Walnut and Cherry in the shop. I was thinking of using the walnut since I have a bit more of it. My local lumber yard only has birch ply but I have a United Plywood company within driving distance so I could probably get some maple ply. It would simpler if I could use birch but I can't fined any solid birch to make the doors with.