Haircut stories

Mom always cut my hair and the style was always the same, parted on the left side and combed across to the right. That ended about the time I hit High school (1973)....the only reason I didn't let it grow long was because I played sports and the coaches had a rule that your hair could not touch your collar. Well T-shirts weren't in style otherwise I'd have tried the collar rule and seen if I could have got away with it (doubt it) so my hair was just slightly below my ear lobes.

When I went away to college I let it grow since I had no one to enforce any haircuts on me. My mom was in total disbelief when I finally came home with hair down to my shoulders....long white/blonde slightly wavy hair....just long enough I could put it in a pony tail.

After college I moved out on my own, met the girl of my dreams....and she asks me to keep my hair short.....and now it is going back to that "white" color :eek: :D

I'm 47 and when I see the hair styles today, I just want to shake my head.

When I was a kid long hair was in. For everybody else that is. My hair could reach just below my ear and then it was time to go get it cut.
A short time ago the buzz cut was in. When I was a kid, you got a buzz cut when you got into trouble. Now, longer hair is back in, but with more of a style going into it. I can't imagine, (being a guy), taking any extra time to dink with my hair, style it, put goop in it or make it into spikes!

My grandmother used to take me to the local Barber College to get my hair cuts when I was really young. I had know idea that I was being used as a Guinea pig (sp) for these guys to learn how to cut hair.