Friday 12/23 Edition

...Sat - Strata for Breakfast, then all day Crab Legs, Shrimp Cocktail and Lobster tails...

Hmm...if I leave now I could easily be there in time.
eating.gif

But no salad for me...I'm not hungry. :D

its impossible to visit my friends home during holiday time when all their relatives are in from overseas, because not eating is an insult to them. And not eating everyones dish is a bigger insult to the ones you skip)
My buddies mother, in her early 80s, this is how it goes:
She asks the second you walk in and greet everyone. You hungry?
You say, not really, I ate dinner an hour ago, maybe later.
Then she sits you down, and puts, ziti, lasagna, sausage/meatballs/peppers, maybe some veal or chicken parmasian, garlic bread, some vegetables, a plate that can feed a small nation, then she says, ok, since you no hungry, I no give you salad.

Sounds just like my in laws house. Nothing like Italian mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers in the same house to feed you until you burst :eek: Not to mention Uncle Vitos home made wine and cheese:beer:

Half our family is coming to our house for Christmas eve dinner and the other half for Christmas dinner.......Can't wait to rest on Monday.

I worked til noon today and then am off for the rest of the year. All the kids will be here for Christmas. Tomorrow night we go to LOML's folks for their family Christmas. A quick run of the number says 55-60 in that house. I will be glad when its over. Christmas day drive an hour and get my dad so he can have Christmas with our family. Will take him back home again later in the afternoon. It will probably be his last Christmas. LOML's folks come for our Christmas also as they would otherwise be home alone. They may stay overnight and go home monday. Monday SHOP TIME. I will probably be in the shop most of the week. Will have the computer on so I can check in at work. We have an audit so may have to go in for that. Have a great Christmas.

Only green vegetable will be the creamed spinach (with parmesan and prosciutto) to go with the steakhouse prime rib...come on down

Otherwise, no vegetables need apply :):)

There were several years where we'd go visit family and I reveled in being able to cook dinners for everyone. Just us two now, but it doesn't kill my urge to entertain... Oh well...

Just got done making fresh bread for the strata, the Turtle cheesecake, and a big ole batch of chocolate crinkle cookies. I'm going to run a bunch of those over to the neighbors tomorrow...

I wasn't planning on having time off this next week, but will be taking the whole week off. Got a lot of chores to do, so it should be a fun week for me.

(For me, any time not at the computer = fun)...

Saturday, split some wood for the shop wood stove, do a little shop dusting and then, watching the Lions make the NFL playoffs for the first time since '99
Sunday, build a fire in the house wood stove, and just chill with the LOML & the dogs, for the entire day...a nice quiet Christmas for a change.