Randy at Monster Lathe Tools - Updated 3-3-2012

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I just got word from Randy Privett's daughter that Randy is in the hospital in critical condition. Without going into a lot of details, he's dealing with multiple serious issues, and his prognosis is still not clear. If you have ordered anything from Randy recently, please know that they are doing everything they can to get the current orders completed, but you should expect your order to be delayed beyond the 3 to 4 weeks that were previously advertised. (I just changed the website to say the delay would be at least 6 weeks, but at this point even that is probably being optimistic.) They are still accepting new orders, although here again, you should expect a pretty long delay if you order anything.And if you're so inclined, your good thoughts and prayers will be appreciated by Randy and his family.

Sorry to hear about Randy. I had just received a reply from his daughter that he's out of action. I was interested in buying an articulated hollowing system and didn't know which one to buy....larger or the original smaller one. I've purchased other tools from him and they're first rate.

I was interested in buying an articulated hollowing system and didn't know which one to buy....larger or the original smaller one. I've purchased other tools from him and they're first rate.

The larger one would fit your 1642, and you can always put a smaller boring bar on it to do smaller stuff (or to work through a smaller opening.) I've got the large one, but made myself a set of 1/2" boring bars for doing smaller pieces on my 3520B.

Just a quick update...

Randy is out of the hospital (since last Sunday) and back home. He's getting around the house some, but still has a lot of recovering to do. He's dealing with various heart and lung issues, but from the sound of things, he's improving day by day. In the meantime, his daughter and son-in-law are hustling to get orders completed and shipped in Randy's absence. Please keep the good stuff headed his way. :thumb:

Just a quick update...

Randy is out of the hospital (since last Sunday) and back home. He's getting around the house some, but still has a lot of recovering to do. He's dealing with various heart and lung issues, but from the sound of things, he's improving day by day. In the meantime, his daughter and son-in-law are hustling to get orders completed and shipped in Randy's absence. Please keep the good stuff headed his way. :thumb:

That sure is good news.

Time for another update...

Randy has continued to improve while at home, and his daughter and son-in-law are about caught up on the backlog of orders. In fact, today I revised the Monster website to reflect a 3 week wait (as it has been for years), instead of the 6 week delay that was posted when Randy became ill. Things are getting back to normal at Monster Lathe Tools, but I'm sure they could still use any help you can send their way in the form of thoughts, prayers, good vibes, and of course, new orders. :D