Ok, so what Christmas music are you listening to this year?

Jim O'Dell

Here is a link to a video the group in my signature line put out of one of the songs on their Christmas EP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSUFzC6_fp8

There is another link where you can listen to the entire EP (6 songs). Make sure you have the sub woofer on when you listen to it or you won't hear half of what Avi, guy in the toboggan, sings. You won't believe it is A Capella.
I made 2 DVDs for my Mom of A Capella Christmas music I found on YouTube. Some are videos, some are MP3s. There are a lot more. Let me know what you are listening to. Jim.

Last edited:
Absolutely none! I've gotten so tired of being force-fed Xmas music in store, restaurants, etc. that I don't care if I ever hear another Xmas carol.

My grand daughter plays "Dominic the Donkey" all day long Hee Haw, Hee Haw :eek:

Lowes plays Christmas music all day. They have a huge Christmas tree by the entrance that cycles the same 6 songs over and over. Truth is I never get sick of Christmas songs:)

Jim, those kids are fantastic :score: Being an old Barbershopper I can really appreciate harmony.

Folks in the video are great. I used to hate real tenors . . . then my voice changed and I switched to baritone. Now I just enjoy them ;-)

I'm holding off a little longer before I start to listen to Christmas music.

Then I think I'll hook into a 'contemporary' channel on one of the online music services.

Probably start listening next week.

I've actually gotten very tired of talk radio and tv news and have lately been playing a lot of music.

Trans Siberian Orchestra, Mannheim Steamroller, Michael W Smith, Mercy Me, couple of collections... All stuff from my CD collection.
So far I haven't found anything "new to me" this year that I've latched onto.

Absolutely none! I've gotten so tired of being force-fed Xmas music in store, restaurants, etc. that I don't care if I ever hear another Xmas carol.

Hear, hear! I found a radio station that isn't playing Christmas music and that's what I'm listening to now. I like some of the old classics once in a while, and I like the church carols, except for "The First Noel" which I swear was written by a contract lawyer. Some of the non-churchy stuff is great, too, like "The Holly and the Ivy", or "Six White Boomers," or "White Christmas," but most of the stuff that's playing on the radio makes me want to tear my eardrums out. :eek:

Great singing, made better with some good electronics and production work in the studio. ;)

I'm listening to no Christmas music other than what I happen to hear in public spaces and stores this time of year. If it comes on the radio, I typically switch the channel because it'll be a song (and version) I've already heard a bazillion times. (One of my pet musical peeves is hearing the same song over and over. And over. And over.)

Brent, this EP is about as contemporary as it gets, even though 5 of the 6 songs are classics. Another group I stumbled on while researching A Capella Christmas songs is a group called Eclipse. They have some really catchy and upbeat songs on their Christmas album. I've found 3 so far and love all 3. They were part of the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics.

Art, since you like Michael W Smith, you would probably like the Stephen Curtis Chapman offerings. He has 2 Christmas albums out. I have the first. There is a new one I've heard 1 song from and it is good. Michael W Smith does a Christmas concert in Dallas every year. I've never been able to go. Full orchestra and choir backing him up. I've heard it is phenomenal. Wish they would record it and put it on YouTube!!!

Vaughn, yes this is a lip sync to the song from their EP. But they sound amazingly similar live. Live loses the studio induced 'acoustics' and a little production emphasis in certain spots, but I heard them live, outdoors in a park between two buildings with about 10 to 13,000 other people in September, and they are unbelievable. Jim.

I'm holding off a little longer before I start to listen to Christmas music.

Then I think I'll hook into a 'contemporary' channel on one of the online music services.

Probably start listening next week.

I've actually gotten very tired of talk radio and tv news and have lately been playing a lot of music.

...Vaughn, yes this is a lip sync to the song from their EP. But they sound amazingly similar live. Live loses the studio induced 'acoustics' and a little production emphasis in certain spots, but I heard them live, outdoors in a park between two buildings with about 10 to 13,000 other people in September, and they are unbelievable. Jim.

I think you may have misread my opinion. I definitely don't have a problem with lip syncing to studio recordings, and also have no objection to using some studio tricks to beef up the acoustics. I'd imagine they're great live through a good PA with a good engineer on the board...or in a living room with nothing other than their mouths and vocal cords. ;)

Well the power of the internet isn't what it should be. :type: I was agreeing with you, studio processing can add some things. Just wanted to emphasize the quality of their voices and talent. Didn't mean to imply that you didn't think so, or that I had a problem if you didn't. :thumb: Jim.

Its one of those internet radio sites. Like pandora.

Songs change all the time when you listen, hardly ever the same song twice.

Lately I've been listening to 'Pickin On' which is bluegrass renditions of popular music.