Not as old as me

So I'm not sure if this belongs here, but... since I've been called 'old' & a 'tool' at times I figured why not. :D
Not sure yet if I'm improving my machinery or not, but anything, yes anything has to be better than the nightmarish mess I've been using.
Only got him down $25.00 from his $295 asking price, but that still qualifies as a win if you ask me. :whistling:

Anyways, here's 2 shots from his ad, and one of it's current state...disassembled it to ease loading and that's where it still stands...tomorrow
we'll give 'er a good look see \slash/ clean-up and switch the wiring back to 110 as that's all I have at the moment.

Looked 'quickly' thru OWWM's listings and believe it may be a model # 113.22452, though the fence on mine looks different...who knows
maybe I'll find a number or two to reference off of, after a cleaning.

So smiles for now until someone lets the cat out to scratch my eyes & diminish my hopes :rofl:

Saw.JPG Saw2.JPG
Saw3.jpg

That's a nice looking cabinet saw. It should bring you years of happiness.

I have a Craftsman cabinet saw. It is Glenn's old saw and golly only knows he did some beautiful work on it. Glenn says, "Figure you are going to spend at least four hours lining everything up correctly." Then do it correctly, play like you are lining it up to a machinist's specs. It will pay you back the rest of the time you own it.

Enjoy,
JimB

Clean it, put it together, tune it up, and I'm sure it will sing songs to you as you make your instruments!

Atta boy Ken!

UPDATE:

Spent the last couple of days giving her the ol' once over, albeit a quick one, she's starting to look pretty good. Man what a beast to manhandle/wrestle the top on & off. Thing weighs as much as me I bet :eek:....some steel wool, 120 grit on the R.O.S., 400 wet dry, primer, paint, polishing compound, and loads of elbow grease and that's all she's getting cosmetically!
Still playing with the tuning aspect, need to get a new blade or two as the ones I have would barely cut a potato....but she purrs right nice!

Anyways, here some before & afters & in progress shots...

First step, tear down the old table mini-Bye bye.jpg

Wet sand & prime mini-wet-sand.jpg mini-primer.jpg

Some B4&Afters mini-Rail dif.jpgmini-whee wheel.jpg mini-Fence start.jpg mini-Fence.jpgmini-as bought.JPG mini-Spiffed up.jpg :D

Thanks guys!
Peter, I bought it Thurs. about 4 pm, spent the rest of that night surfing for info on it. Started into it Fri. morn and was still at it when the cows came home this morning :D
Ryan, the tops of the webbing were done with a marker and clear coated, no way I was going to try & tape all of that off :eek:

Just feels great to have something that doesn't feel like it came out of a cracker jack box :rofl:

Ryan, the tops of the webbing were done with a marker and clear coated, no way I was going to try & tape all of that off :eek:

Well I think it was a really nice touch however it was accomplished :thumb: Being a sucker for punishment I'm sure I'd have taped it off :rolleyes: I'm sure this will probably last about as long and was a heck of a lot faster to do.