Weather in your neck of the woods?

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 9.45.00 AM.jpg

-24c right now, -38 with the wind chill

Schools are cancelled, the university cancelled classes, but the University itself is still open, so here I sit. :(

-11 last night. Power went off at about 9:15, didn't get it back until about 5:00 this morning.

Happily (?) I have a whole house standby generator. It's the only one in the neighborhood, so we had several neighbors over for the night. Living room floor and the couch got a bit crowded. Haven't heard yet if anyone had burst pipes, etc.

Cable/internet/phone were out until about half an hour ago.

Alls back to normal now - except for the temperature. That's still at -5°.

I don't know how you people in the northern states put up with this type of cold constantly.
Minnesota, some parts minus 25 with wind chills minus 40-50? you people are crazy.
I had to go out to the gun shop this morning, not feeling well, but too cold to do any work today, but when my face hit the 8 degree temps with strong winds, I almost went back inside and called a real estate agent in florida.
This is ridiculous.
who needs it?
not me.

Ive had enough snow and cold temps in this lifetime, Im ready for warm temps and beaches.
Personally, Id choose Arizona and dry air over florida, but I don't think my wife would go for it, and I need her for health insurance.(besides, Im a cruddy cook and hate doing laundry)

I don't know how you people in the northern states put up with this type of cold constantly.
Minnesota, some parts minus 25 with wind chills minus 40-50? you people are crazy.
I had to go out to the gun shop this morning, not feeling well, but too cold to do any work today, but when my face hit the 8 degree temps with strong winds, I almost went back inside and called a real estate agent in florida.
This is ridiculous.
who needs it?
not me.

Ive had enough snow and cold temps in this lifetime, Im ready for warm temps and beaches.
Personally, Id choose Arizona and dry air over florida, but I don't think my wife would go for it, and I need her for health insurance.(besides, Im a cruddy cook and hate doing laundry)

get the wife come come out for a visit, preferably in the winter, be glad to have ya so she can see what all the snow bird have discovered about Arizona.

my ex bil just moved to outside of mesa, hes lived here on long island for his entire 65 years, and he loves it out there.
We also know other people who moved there and Nevada years ago, and are happy they left ny

we got a heat wave to.. its -0.8 here now:) shoveled side walks and part od drive way got car unstuck then put back in garage all without long johns allen just a coat and gloves with knit stocking hat.. and now am sipping irish creame:)

The nastiest stuff is over now - it's up to 23° today, and actually supposed to get up to 40+° by the weekend. Not a lot of snow here. and it's not blowing now since what snow there is is crusted over with ice. Dogs are having a hard time, with the ice crust breaking under their paws...

-9C today (16F) and tomorrow will start several days of above zero temps, which may allow me to get my bandsaw out and finish a small project, if it doesn't rain. Then back into moderate below zero temps, as low as -10. Winter.