Someone explain Nascar to this immigrant please

Growing up, my dad took all of us kids to the local race track (don't think it even exists anymore). Always a fun time. We had a go-kart that we tore up the desert dry lake beds with. So I guess it's all perspective. Just wish the races were on later West coast time as I really hate to become lazy at 10am in the morning :rofl: But at least I can shout out all the first names when the last names scroll by. For all of you football fans, you get a whopping 11 minutes of play for your 3-4 hours of watching, so don't criticize us lazy racing fans :rofl:

Well thank you all for the education. I can see if one puts in the time as far as following more than just what is shown it can have its attraction. Thanks for the history i wondered where it got started.
@Sharon when i was a kid my brother inlaw would take me to stock car and hot rod racing on a Friday night. Great times and they would have what i understand here is demolition derby.
As teenager we would go to Grand Prix for formula 1 held annually in Johannesburg until the smoking regs killed it from advertisers point of view. Not sure if we went for the track party or the racing though, we turned it into a weekend of beer regardless. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think thats cool cool cool. Gonna have to look up where exactly this is and see about the odds of getting to the track. Thanks for posting it Steve.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk