It's Friday! 5/15/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF!!! Looks like lots of rain for us this weekend, but going to try and get my pool opened. Hoping to finish up the other high chair table. Also hope to finish cleaning up the back yard and get some more mulch.

What's on everyone else's plate?

The girl's school carnival tonight, usually pretty fun. Tomorrow we have soccer in the morning and then my dad and I are going to the local woodturner's meeting in the afternoon. Sunday will be shop day most of the day. Have some bowls and cutting boards to finish up for a show I'm doing on the 30th.

Just finished up putting the finish on 6 chairs, got the new canister filter on the dust collector.

Welp, Nothing stopping me now...

Sign work - both design and fabrication

Also - working on my machine cabinet a little. I rearranged it a little so I could feed through, not I need to work on the controls.

I got my new pendant and I need to fine tune it to suit my fancy

Shop time for me FINALLY!!! This weekend is making a wooden floor bed for a 1958 Chevy pickup, a barter job for some walnut to add to my stash:)

I'm getting on a plane bound for chicago in a couple hours. The trip coincides with the Amana, IA Handworks tool show (http://handworks.co/) and the H.O. Studley toolchest is on display nearby (http://www.studleytoolchest.com/) so we'll be doing that all day tomorrow.

The rest of the trip was planned to be a "History of the blues" kind of tour all around chicago. With today's news of B.B. King's death, this trip just got a whole WHOLE lot more special for me.

Victoria Day weekend, unofficial start of summer in Canada. Lots of yard work, farm work, shop work and organizing, interspersed with beer and barbeque. It's been a very busy few weeks, so looking forward to some physical work with tangible results.

We finally got some rain Thursday, so the grass is gonna go crazy! Guess what I'll be doing???

One way or another, I'll be getting time with my CNC. Of course, that's been a major focus since I've had so much to learn!!!

The NASCAR All-Star race is Saturday night, so I'll be in front of the TV for sure!

Sunday should be a total kick-back day for us.

Well i came home to a pleasant surprise yesterday. During the week i had ordered running boards for Lindas truck. They were supposed to be 7 to 10/days but took 3.
So today i am going to test my mobility and see if the knee will co operate and allow me to get down and fit them. I know i cannot kneel on it but pretty sure i can wangle getting down to ground level to work underneath on my back. Time will tell. Pulled a hamstring tendon behind the knee, somehow during the night on Monday and its been a pain in the neck. The most frustrating thing about knee replacement is the slow rehab of the muscles. There is just no rushing it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Returned home late last night. Today will be unpacking and catching up from a week gone. Tomorrow is work. In between, I am developing a new house plan.

Apparently today has become a organize the garage before I start work on a project day. Something kind of comforting about regaining horizontal space simply by putting things where they belong.

I had grand plans to do various yardwork and moving of stuff around, but seeing as how it's raining buckets with a healthy dose of thunder and lightning, I think I'll be staying inside and working on a couple of guitar projects. I have one that's getting new pickups and other electronics, and another couple that can use some neck work. :guitar: