Senco Accuset No Mar Tip

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My original tipe for my Accuset 18 gauge nailer cracked and got lost years ago, I've had a vinyl thread protector on there since, but it blocked my view. So I drew up a new tip in Sketchup and threw it on the 3d printer. These are in PLA, but will reprint some in ABS too be a little more durable.

2017-03-11 21.16.05.jpg

Fit quite nicely.
2017-03-11 21.17.46.jpg 2017-03-11 21.18.11.jpg 2017-03-11 21.17.55.jpg

Very cool. Dont you want it to be pla so its got some give as opposed to abs. With being able to knock out 8 like that is it worth changing reels.
As matter of interest given the standing of your machine lately how long did that set take to print.
Did you manage to find a drawing/model or did you have to create it all?

I can see a time when for certain stuff we rent the drawing as opposed to buying the part.
Just think of what it would cost a business to stock and handle a part like this. At some point the overhead per item just kills stocking it. The times they are a changing.

Now how about making some carving tool edge protectors or even like those that Narex made for protecting chisel edges.

Or a drawknife edge protector.....oh boy this list is endless.

Darren have you embedded a rare earth magnet in a printed item yet?
Thinking of those gadgets one can strap on wrist with velcro and have it hold a bunch of screws imagine drywall screws .

The force gets stronger...lol

Last edited:
I've got the exact same nailer, the metal tip broke off of mine years ago, I tried welding it, (fail) tried to get a new part, (no new parts) so I just wired the safety mech back in place and I'm extra careful when using it. Maybe I should try the new TIG welder, maybe that would do the job...?

Great use of the 3D printer, I can see how this tool may soon become essential to many of us.

Cheers!

Thanks all! :wave:

Very cool. Dont you want it to be pla so its got some give as opposed to abs. With being able to knock out 8 like that is it worth changing reels.
As matter of interest given the standing of your machine lately how long did that set take to print.
Did you manage to find a drawing/model or did you have to create it all?

I can see a time when for certain stuff we rent the drawing as opposed to buying the part.
Just think of what it would cost a business to stock and handle a part like this. At some point the overhead per item just kills stocking it. The times they are a changing.

Now how about making some carving tool edge protectors or even like those that Narex made for protecting chisel edges.

Or a drawknife edge protector.....oh boy this list is endless.

Darren have you embedded a rare earth magnet in a printed item yet?
Thinking of those gadgets one can strap on wrist with velcro and have it hold a bunch of screws imagine drywall screws .

The force gets stronger...lol

I ended up creating the drawing, didn't check to see if one existed already. It's more flat that the original, if I recall the original kinda wrapped around the area where the nail comes out to protect work from that metal as well, I may add that to the drawing next.

Actually, ABS is considered stronger and more flexible that PLA, PLA doesn't shrink as much or and is less likely to warp during cooling, so I like to prototype with it.

The total print time was about 17 minutes for 10, just out of curiosity I loaded up just one in the slicer and it was estimated at 7 minutes.

I haven't tried embedding magnets yet, I need to give that a try, just not had project that needed them yet.

What about TPU? Or do you think that would wear out too fast?

Rob, I've done a fair amount of embedding the rare earth magnets in prints. It's actually pretty easy, just need to figure out what layer to pause the printing on so you can insert the magnet. The drawing is a little more complicated as you have to make sure you build that hidden pocket in there and have the faces set correctly, butit's really not that hard.

My original tipe for my Accuset 18 gauge nailer cracked and got lost years ago, I've had a vinyl thread protector on there since, but it blocked my view. So I drew up a new tip in Sketchup and threw it on the 3d printer. These are in PLA, but will reprint some in ABS too be a little more durable

Another example of making these "toys" pay for themselves! Looks good, Darren!!!