Had a great time !!!!!

Bob Gibson

Marilyn and I (top right in the picture) and other Shriners had a blast selling REO Speedwagon and Styx tickets at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion this past Tuesday night. The bands were fantastic as was the lead off musician Dan Felder.
We sold over $12,000 in CD's and a chance to win a Fender guitar signed by both bands. The bands interrupted the show a bunch of times to introduce us and the Shriners hospitals for children. Folks were standing in line waving their $20.00 bills.
The crowd was great and the music was fantastic.

One question, why are all the band members so darn skinny? They made Twiggy look like Mama Cass :rofl: I wonder if it was from all the drugs and booze or the crappy food eating on the road for 40 years. Anyway we had a great time a raised a ton of $$$ for the Childrens Hospital.

20819127_1475409492552187_1053079975884005005_o.jpg fender reo styx.jpg

Very cool, Bob! :thumb: Cool bands...I wonder how many of the guys were original members. (Although that really doesn't matter as long as they sound good.) Cool guitar, too. That's an American-made Strat. They cost two or three times as much as the Mexican-made Stats that I play. (I buy 'em even cheaper used, but then spend money upgrading a few things to make it sound on par with an American version.)

Most of musicians in the Styx/REO age bracket who are still touring gave up the drugs and heavy drinking years ago. (Many of those who didn't are dead already.) A lot of them work hard to stay in shape, and from the accounts I've heard, they tend to eat pretty well. I used to be neighbors with a guy who toured for years with Cher. (He was the guitar tech.) He told me they traveled with their own chef, and the whole crew -- musicians and techs -- ate freshly-cooked meals daily.