Hate wireless mouse

Systemd is in Unix now? I know for the most part, unless your a Slacker or a Deviun (spelling?) user, Linux used it, but was unaware that any of the Unix systems, incorporated it.

Ah, I was trying to not over complicate the issue by not differentiating the unix like variants. Success has eluded me :D But yeah systemd is pretty much only some linux distro's, I think one bsd variant flirted with it but I don't think it stuck. Having said that even the FreeBsd init system is quite different than it was ~10 years ago and don't even get me started on X window managers.. yeesh (

ok, here goes.... first personal computer, commodore 64, then went on to a blue chip 8088, then a 286, then 386 based. had an opportunity to get a trash-80, but passed on it. for work, started out on an ibm 370/138, with punch cards, and reel to reel tapes. then on to running just about every 30xx series of mainframes, with straight os (the 370), then on to vm, and mvs, and finally the ibm s/390's. so, that makes me just a mainframe kinda guy, in a server world... lol

The first non-ticker tape non dial up main frame computer that I used was a Tektronix. They were big in oscilloscopes with storage screens, so it had a nice display. To overcome the limited memory, they had a built in tape drive that was exceptionally fast for the day. The reason for buying this model was the pretty good electrical engineering simulation tools. The programs were in basic, so it was quite easy to customize them.

About the memory, the standard model came with 16k of RAM. We splurged and got an extra 16k. Eventually there would be periodic failures, which could be fixed by opening the unit and poking around. Finally the manufacturer repaired it and said that the fault was in how the extra memory chip was plugged into the socket. Apparently one of the pins did not plug in, but was bent and had intermittent contact.

Can’t really remember much about the different versions of Windows except one joke; what do the CE, ME and NT systems make? Cement of course.