california fires

No, Larry. The Ventura fire is way northwest of Glenn. At the moment I am unaware of any new fires, but that can change in an instant. It is incredibly dry and the east winds are blowing. It won't take much.

Update. There are three other fires of note. Two are 100% contained and one is 95% contained. That one is closest to Glenn but still a ways away. There is one raging in Vaughn's old neighborhood with loss of structures and manditory evacuations. These bad winds are predicted through Thursday, so things can and probably will get worse.

Jim B. and I and are probably the safest at the moment as we live in very well developed areas away from tons of vegetation. We're not fireproof but my mind rest a little easier with the new location. The old one was the gateway to a canyon, or in this part of the world, a fire trap.

Ooof, I knew this fireseason wasn't done yet, but was really, really hoping for some rain.

Here's hoping people keep this in mind and stay safe.

Carol's right. My old neighborhood in the Sunland-Tujunga area is under siege, as are some of the areas along the 405 freeway that I'm real familiar with. Several of our friends have been evacuated, and others are sitting on pins and needles. When the Santa Ana winds come in, they can be wicked.

Wildfires are no fun, no matter where they are. I do hope everybody is OK and stays that way. When I was at Camp Pendleton, before I went to Nam, there was a bad one that burned it's way onto the back end of the base. I was on one of the crews that was pressed into firefighting duty. We got it out, but it was a struggle.

Semi-related note...I heard the talking heads on the radio news discussing the fire in the coastal town of Carpenteria today, and the mental giant on the microphone said something to the effect of "Firefighters were able to stop the flames when they reached the water's edge."

Thank goodness they stopped the fire before the entire Pacific ocean burst into flames. :rolleyes:

Update. There are three other fires of note. Two are 100% contained and one is 95% contained. That one is closest to Glenn but still a ways away. There is one raging in Vaughn's old neighborhood with loss of structures and manditory evacuations. These bad winds are predicted through Thursday, so things can and probably will get worse.

Jim B. and I and are probably the safest at the moment as we live in very well developed areas away from tons of vegetation. We're not fireproof but my mind rest a little easier with the new location. The old one was the gateway to a canyon, or in this part of the world, a fire trap.

My cousin is in Garden City. I have to call her today, hope she is well away from danger. We are dry also in Arkansas. A fellow was arrested on criminal charges for burning the other day. It got away and caused considerable damage. We are under a burn ban, as is most of the state.

Semi-related note...I heard the talking heads on the radio news discussing the fire in the coastal town of Carpenteria today, and the mental giant on the microphone said something to the effect of "Firefighters were able to stop the flames when they reached the water's edge."

Thank goodness they stopped the fire before the entire Pacific ocean burst into flames. :rolleyes:
With the amount of oil Exxon has bumped into the pacific it just may burst into flames. :rofl::rofl::rofl: