My lovely 2003 Ranger

Roger Tulk

..is no more. After spending more than $5,000 on the body work and exhaust and brakes, I managed to smash into another car. See the damage below. The white car is the one I hit. Fortunately the woman in the car was in shock, but nothiing worse, and I only sprained my thumb slightly. This was on December 9. I haven't go around to replacing it yet, but the insurance paid me $7,000, considering the condition of the vehicle, and its low mileage and $600 worth of new tires.

ranger side view.jpg ranger front view.jpg prang.jpg

The white car is the one I hit. It was written off because the airbags went off. A day I'd rather forget.

Wow, glad the injuries were not worse. Sorry to see your truck didn't survive. Looks like the crumple zones on both vehicles worked as they were designed to do.

Bummer, glad everyone got out mostly ok though, that's the real important but. I lost my 99 to a pretty bad wreck in 2003 (which is why I now have a 2004..). The safety and crumple zones on modern vehicles are pretty amazing. Kind of rough when they total a rig for loosing the airbags but IMHO lots better than the alternative.