Friday 2/23/2018 - What's Up?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Dave must be out eating tamales, so I guess I'll start the Friday thread.

Hoping for decent weather this weekend so I can continue with getting more space created in the garage so I can get some more tools moved in. Still have a dining table to get rid of, and need to make a run to the Habitat store to donate a few things. I'm half tempted to dismantle the table and use the wood for something else, but I don't have anything in mind to use up a few board feet of mahogany. I'll probably just load it up and donate it with the rest of the stuff, since I don't feel like dealing with the whole Craigslist thing just to get a few bucks out of it.

Also need to go some more yard work. The weather has remained relatively warm for this time of year, so I've already got weeds popping up all over the place.

I've also got more work to do on my guitar rig. I upgraded the firmware last weekend, and although everything seemed OK at first, I later discovered problems and had to roll everything back to the older version. I want some of the features the new firmware offers, so I need to give it another go while we're still on hiatus from gig. (Next shows are March 9, 10, and 11.)

And lastly, it's apparently time to spray for bugs again. We spotted (and killed) the first scorpion of 2018 last week in the master bedroom. LOML is not real pleased about that. ;)

54º here. Would love to be out working on the Tiny Shop, but way too cold for this wimp. Besides, I am not up for a relapse on the respiratory crap. Still not entirely over it. Really hangs on.

So I get to start on taxes. Oh, joy. Not.

Another skin cancer surgery today (the nineteenth one). This one right in the middle of my forehead. Just got the stitches out from number eighteen, too... Anyway, I'm taking it easy for now.

Nothing planned for the rest of the weekend, but shop time is definitely likely. Supposed to rain all weekend - weather-guesser says maybe as much as 3" - and my yard is already floating. (Thankfully, not like Rennie's, though.)

Taking it more easy than usual 'cause I threw my back out:crutches:. Thinking of the spring garden and may get some seeds going in soil blocks. Took the missus in today for her post surgery follow up and everything is looking good, with no sign of afib.:bliss:

Still helping my friend set up his CNC machine. Getting closer

Working on the pantry cabinet as well.

In the yard I been seeing little green things poking their heads through the ground.

I wonder if they are aliens, and going to eat my ------ no no - keep those thought away.
They are NOT aliens - they are friendly beings.

Opps - got a little mixed up there. Sorry.

Well, Vaughn I have to admit more tamales was on my mind when me and the girlfriend left the house to ship an order out. But, she wanted Chinese, so Chinese it twas! Not bad. Hit a reputable buffet in Weatherford. Ran some other errands for shop resupply so when the monsoon lets up I can get back to work. We are past being wet. Downright soggy.

Planning to do some drywall sanding when I get home, finish a few touch-ups, and get some primer on. Going to try to paint the upstairs this weekend and maybe go floor shopping. I'd like to get it back together so we have another place to relax until the downstairs gets completed. Tomorrow I plan to work on rocking chair runners as it's supposed to be a bit warmer for the weekend.

Had a total washout this week and it had nothing to do with rain! I got up last Sunday feeling pretty good (I thought), prepared brunch as usual but everything went downhill from there. By mid-afternoon, I was really suffering with head congestion and overall weakness. A bit later, LOML and I discussed whether to go to the ER but decided to wait overnight and see my regular doctor on Monday. Although I still felt like garbage Monday, OTC drugs were taking effect better and I toughed it out. By Tuesday, the congestion was easing up and I never had any chest or lung pain so decided it wasn't flu or pneumonia. Was able to sleep through the night Wednesday and Thursday and have done fairly well today (Friday). Hopefully, I can at least go out to my shop and straighten up a few things Saturday!

OK - pity party over!!! The weather is too good down here to complain any further. :rolleyes:

more packages showed up in the last few days, the ambrosia maple, the mills, and now the wire to rewire the cnc, new silent spindle with new sleeve type mounting bracket, more hawaiian shirts and jeans, and tomorrow, the dozen stoppers from ruth niles should be showing up (gotta use that extra maple up somehow). almost like christmas around here. :D

almost forgot, picked up some more red oak for the cribbage boards. i'm up to 37 of 65 blanks ready for cutting and gluing up.

Spend the afternoon watching 8 year old granddaughter play? basketball. Bless all there hearts they do try hard even shooting at wrong basket.
Still soggy and wet but not to cold. Lots of rain but see the sun at the end of the tunnel.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Spend the afternoon watching 8 year old granddaughter play? basketball. Bless all there hearts they do try hard even shooting at wrong basket.

My daughter played basketball when she was about that age too. She had fun, but when she got the ball, it was more like a game of hot-potato and trying to get rid of it as soon as she could. Only scored once for the other team, but still proud of her for making the shot.