What frustrates you the most about woodworking???

connecting, disconnecting, reconnecting the dust collection hose from one tool to the other. Anna really wants me to get a dedicated work space built so I don't have to deal with that problem or the problem of rolling the tools out when in use and back away when not in use.

Also, being interupted by Anna or the kids.

Also, the best thing I like about this hobby is being interupted by Anna and the kids

not having a dedicated shop to work out of. At least one where you could leave the dust behind. Mine is a garage shop.

My own failings - taking off just a little too much, or the saw kerf not quite square, or the bit of planing that causes tear-out, and the procrastination before I start a project, out of fear that one of the above will happen....

1. having a head full of ideas and a broken arm.

2. people who think that since you have a pile of tools "wouldn't it be fun to make such and such" and then they get mad when you expect compensation.

3. people who con you into doing "something for the scouts" and decide it will go faster with their "expert" help.

4. a catch on the final cut and not enough stock for a design change.

Dale, I have a MIL(mother-in-law) that always come up with "simple little" ideas that end up takin me two weeks and cost me a saw blade or two.:rolleyes: Guess that is what I get for living up stairs from her bizz.

Number one frustration

The number one frustration about woodworking for me is to buy a tool only to find out that it does'nt work anything close to what they advertised about it. I've found out the hard way that fantastic prices, or special bells and whistles don't always mean a great tool. There's nothing worse than to go to use a new tool, only to find out it's a glorified piece of junk.:dunno: Now, before buying a tool, I'll look it up in the latest surveys and guides, and see what the experts say about it first.:)

The number two frustration is to go to the luber yard or the home center and find the latest shipment of wood is completely inferior. I mean, like 3/4 inch thick boards that are so warped that after trying to straighten them on a jointer, they end up being only 1/4 inch thick.:D