Hello

Michael Ward

Hi everyone!
I started "woodworking" when I became the shop aid for Mr. Spencer's wood shop class, Eastland Jr. High School in Roseville, Michigan in 1980.

Fast forward...

Last year, the LOML and I purchased a home with a basement and a garage: JACKPOT!

I always monkeyed around with projects, but now I actually have practical workspace for a permanent workshop. (No cars allowed in the garage please. Thank You!)

I'm excited about my "born-again" or "new-found-again" woodworking and actually having a place to do it. Most importantly, I'm excited that my wife is excited about it too.

Last edited:
Hi Michael! Welcome bruder. You'll like this place. Iv'e found you can find the answer to most any woodworking question here. Can you work out in your shop yet? or do you have to wait till it thaws out?;) Barry

Welcome aboard, Michael. A few years ago LOML and I moved into a house that had some space, and like you, I rekindled my love for woodworking that started in my granddad's shop and continued through high school shop class. What started out as a benchtop tablesaw and a belt sander in the corner of the garage has evolved into a pretty well-equipped shop that's taken over all of the garage. It's a slippery slope, but lots of fun. :D

Welcome, Michael. Glad you have "Shop Space" now, as I was in the same shape for years, and it sure is nice to have a dedicated space to work in, (if I EVER get mine finished).:D

Welcome Michael... be prepared to be addicted to one of the best forms of addiction known to man, as it actually continually rewards you will stuff, and (fortunately) there is no known cure for kicking the habit.

As for having the LOML on board, that's the golden ticket to heaven on earth. For the last 30 years she always tolorated my shop whatever form it was where we were, since I was able to fix things and make stuff here and there for the house/friends/family, but once I started making things for small shows and actually getting a small return for my (play) time in the shop, which then helps pay for upgrading and buying new toys, she was even more enthusiastic. In some ways that enthusiasm gives me the little "push" I often need, and thus I am truly blessed having her on board. I still make 100% of all the sawdust, but she often helps sanding and finishing when I'm up against a show in a few days and not as prepared as I had planned. What more could a guy ask for???:thumb: