Recent content by Roy Bauman

1. Roy Bauman

Bessey 12 Days of Christmas?

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=520095540150814&set=a.474718314688537 Just started today and it's totally different this year. They've moved it from Facebook to Instagram and changed the format a bit. Looks like only one prize per day now, no more second prizes.
  2. Roy Bauman

My Wife is in the Hospital your thought and prayers would be appreciated.

So sorry to hear this Don. I will be praying for you.
  3. Roy Bauman

New Years Resolution - this is ONE of mine

My New Years resolution? I’m gonna leave it at 1920 x 1080. That’s been working pretty well for a while, no need to change it.
  4. Roy Bauman

Craftsman 113 Tablesaw refurb

All done with the basic machine. I do plan to add a new router table extension wing but other than that it’s all finished. I rewired the motor to run on 220, it’s a 1HP, might shop around for a 2 HP but this will do for now The fence is set up and adjusted A couple of shots with the dust...
  5. Roy Bauman

Recent Work

Looking good Steve!
  6. Roy Bauman

A little more progress Old school alignment with the good old combination square. Extension wings installed Of course the holes in the rear fence rail don’t line up with anything. Go figure.
  7. Roy Bauman

A little more progress over the weekend: Fourth and final coat of paint A little pinstriping, just for fun. Dry fit of the table and hand wheels. I’m really happy with the way this is coming together.
  8. Roy Bauman

That is sweet job on that fence. I have an Excalibur 36” capacity fence I’ll take off the old 12” machine.
  9. Roy Bauman

A few additional photo of progress so far: The table is rust free now. Quite an involved process but I am happy with the results. I purchased the new handwheels from Grizzly. This is the very rusty extension wing all cleaned and painted with Rustoleum Charcoal Gray from a rattle can. This is...
  10. Roy Bauman

Back in the fall of 2014 one of my neighbors was moving and set this old tablesaw out for trash pickup and being the scavenger I am it wound up at my house. It sat out behind my shop for about six months. It was already in pretty rough shape when I moved it to the house and sitting outside...
  11. Roy Bauman

What are you doinng during CV-19

I work, or I guess that is worked, for an architectural that has a lot of major retail and restaurant clients. It did not take long for the snowball from all the closings to roll through our firm. Went from 85 employees to roughly 40 in about five days and it will get worse before it gets...
  12. Roy Bauman

Something New for Something Old

Laid off from my job this past Thursday due to corona virus so I have some time on my hands. I haven’t had a lot of time over the past several months for shop time but since everything came to a screeching halt I had time to finally get this finished.
  13. Roy Bauman

Just In the Mood

From the Kennedy Center Honors a few years back. The look on Merle's face says it all.
  14. Roy Bauman

Weekend is coming...

...and it might be a productive weekend in the shop. I was going to make the trip into Columbus for the Woodworking Show but today the Governor put the kibosh on gatherings over 100 people due to the coronavirus so that show has been cancelled. Looks like there won’t be any sporting events to...
  15. Roy Bauman

My shop

Doh! I didn't notice the date, I did't realize till now this was a revived post. The Myspace links should have been a clue but I'm not that quick on my feet anymore. Actually I was never that quick, on my feet or otherwise but that's a whole 'nother thread altogether.